Experience with online markets?

Hi, as many of you will have gotten the email like I did on the upcoming Christmas market online fair, I considered setting up shop but I just wanna ask:

What’s your experience with online craft fairs? Would you say (as a buyer or seller or either) that they’re worth it?

2 Likes

Im not experienced at all on online markets but im goving a go this year, well hopefully if they accept my application xx still had to pay a tenner to tresstle to then apply for the christmas market xx so im hopi g that I can make my money back x tbh my sales on here are poor so far, hoping that an extra exposure will be an advatange rather than an hinderance xx

2 Likes

I did an Etsy one last year - it was fun and very scary and stressful. Sales did go up a bit and it certainly raised my profile so I will probably do more in the future. I’m thinking about doing the upcoming Folksy event, it’s probably are worth doing if only as an incentive to improve your shop, selling skills and overall exposure - as for increasing sales I don’t think any one knows what is going to happen!

2 Likes

I’ve tried several online markets now and not had a single sale. However, I’m not very good at taking the time to sit at the computer and promote myself on social media, so perhaps that’s the problem.

1 Like

I’ve tried them on Facebook and they were useless. I tend to sell more at artisan craft fairs.

1 Like