Facebook giveaway rules?!?!

I’m planning on running one shortly but I’m confused on the rules with these??!?! Is there certain wording that has to be used? Do people find it helps with likes and sales?

Have you looked at the Facebook terms and conditions? It would say somewhere there but I’m not sure myself what wording should be used. Good luck!

EDIT: I found this thread that has some comments that might help you.

How do I run a contest or sweepstakes on my Page?
You can run a promotion (ex: sweepstakes, contest) directly on your Page or through an app on Facebook. Your promotion must follow the promotion guidelines.

To collect entries, you can ask people to:

Like or comment on a post on your Page (ex: “Like this post to enter”)
Post on your Page
Send your Page a message
Personal profiles can’t be used to collect entries. For example, asking people to share a post on their profiles to enter your promotion isn’t permitted (ex: “Share on your profile to enter” or “Share on your friend’s profile to get additional entries”).

If you think your promotion was removed by mistake, let us know.

From here: https://www.facebook.com/help/262981810477512/

Promotions

1. If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a promotion (ex: a contest or sweepstakes), you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:
    a. The official rules;
    b. Offer terms and eligibility requirements (ex: age and residency restrictions); and
    c. Compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion and all prizes offered (ex: registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals)
  2. Promotions on Facebook must include the following:
    a. A complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant.
    b. Acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
  3. Promotions may be administered on Pages or within apps on Facebook. Personal Timelines and friend connections must not be used to administer promotions (ex: “share on your Timeline to enter” or “share on your friend’s Timeline to get additional entries”, and “tag your friends in this post to enter” are not permitted).
  4. We will not assist you in the administration of your promotion, and you agree that if you use our service to administer your promotion, you do so at your own risk.

https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php#promotionsguidelines

3 Likes

That’s really useful info, Liz Clark-I did not know that you were not allowed to ask people to tag others and I have seen a lot of FB give-aways that do, some by very established businesses (not just us crafters). The only thing I would add is that you DO need to tell people to leave a comment, otherwise it makes it extremely difficult (if not impossible?) to contact them and tell them they have won!

Love Sam x

2 Likes

Thank you that’s so useful - time to set it up!

I would advise to ask a specific question to answer in the comments, it gets people more involved, and then you can always notify someone by replying to their comment. It happened to me that i couldn’t contact the winner and had to redraw…
The question can be related to the giveaway but try to make it fun. On my last giveaway, which was a handmade wallet, I asked to choose the colours. not only people engaged, but also I had plenty new ideas for colour combinations :smile:
good luck
xx

1 Like

thank you - giveaway is up but very few entries so obviously not doing something right!!! www.facebook.com/mammaslittletreasures