Facebook help

Hello all
Ive only recently started promoting my shop on a business facebook page and today have received a message on my timeline from someone asking if one of my old stock items is still available. The probblem is I can’t work out how to contact him as it says this person cannot receive a message from my page. If I leave a comment on his comment will he be notified or how does it work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Try tagging his name by putting @ first before his name that will come up as a link and he should see it then.
Also under his name should be “Like, Reply” click the reply and he will get that.

Thank you Pauline. There is no reply button only like or comment. I commented previously (although didnt use the @ and he has not replied. Would you put your reply in your timeline or under his comment? Sorry if I’m being daft.

Try it under his comment but make sure you add the @ symbol.

Many thanks Pauline - fingers crossed this time.

1 Like

Let me know if you get a reply from him.

Oh no - what do you do to get round that Sally?

sorry - i got confused ( as usual!) - have you typed the @ and started typing his name ? should come up. or ‘reply’ to his comments. sorry for confusion.

I went back in and amended it with the @ but it hasnt worked as a link and there is no ‘reply’ button - it is greyed out. He hasn’t replied so I’m guessing he hasnt seen it.

Are you replying as yourself or as your page? I often find that FB has given me the wrong profile (I’m admin for a couple of other pages as well as my own) and who I am being affects whether I am able to reply to comments.

I am replying as my page. I’ve been trawling the help files on Facebook and it would seem I am having this issue because he hasnt liked my page. Does that sound right?

I’ve just found the post on your page. You have done it correctly and he will be notified that have replied when he next logs on to facebook. Often on Facebook though people ask a question, you reply then you never hear from them again.

1 Like

Yes, that’s quite likely. But since you have replied to his comment he should be notified anyway whether or not you have tagged him.

Thank you so much to everyone for their help - this seems like a much friendlier place that E----.

2 Likes

The forums scare me over there :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Did you get a reply from your potential customer.

Sadly no. Maybe he didn’t like the price I quoted him. Oh well at least I know what to do the next time though. Thanks again everyone for your help.

1 Like