Favourite cheer you up song?

What your favourite song to lift your mood?

One of mine is Fiesta by The Pogues,

My o/h and I sing whistle along to it in the car- we get a few funny looks at time, but it really carries you away :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of my faves is Friday I’m in Love by the Cure. I am a massive fan of theirs and find a lot of their songs really uplifting, even though my husband says it’s quite depressing!

1 Like

Aw- I wouldn’t call it depressing Claire, it’s a great song to sing along to. Robert Smith has a great voice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oooooh what a question there I have so many, Pharrel Williams is my current favourite :smile:

3 Likes

Love this one too, Donna. Also like I’m Walking on Sunshine

1 Like

There’s a few. I love ‘Friday I’m in love by The Cure’ too.

‘Some girls are bigger than Others’ by The Smiths always tingles my happy senses. They’re another one that a lot of people say are miserable but I love them, I think they’re funny.

2 Likes

I think I’m collecting Happy Songs now! I also love “Happy” by Pharrell Williams, it’s just so upbeat. “Walking on Sunshine” always makes me smile a lot. “Friday I’m in Love” is nice too. Can’t remember “Fiesta” - must go and find it!

I love Happy!

I’ve also got Runaway Baby by Bruno Mars, and That Man by Caro Emerald on my pick me up playlist.
And if you want an album to make you smile try one of the Baseballs…
They cover popular songs in a doowop style, with a a hint of a German accent.

So fabulously cheesey!

1 Like

I love We Are Young by Fun :slight_smile:

At the moment mine is ‘Hooked on a feeling’ by Blue Suede : )

You’re not a Guardians fan, by any chance are you?

1 Like

This song always makes me feel good; Bronski Beat ‘Smalltown boy’

This is Fiesta. I finally got to see the Pogues this summer and they ended the evening with it.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I am hooked on advert songs, I can’t get “Come on silver lady” out of my head. But today on woman’s hour they played “Happy Happy Happy Happy Talk”, etc. so now I am also singing that. Well at least it helps get the housework done. Marg.

2 Likes

“Talk about things you like tooooo doooo…!”
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Girls just wanna have fun - reminds me of my nights getting ready to go out :smile:

1 Like

@Knittingtopia That’s so strange, that song is on the radio here right now lol
Donna x

2 Likes

Happy talk :o)

1 Like

For all you Robert Smith fans

But to lift my mood I’d probably go for Deadend by Master Shortie or Midnight Madness by The Chemical Brothers. Dr Who? by Orbital normally raises a smile as well but possibly because I just want a delek as a pet.
Sasha

1 Like

Just been to Ireland for a few days, so now can’t get “Gypsy Rover” out of my head. AAAAAhhhh