Feeling confused

Hi there I’ve opened my shop about 2 weeks ago now and finding it a bit confusing in how I go about selling my items, is the photos etc seem ok or do I need to change any think at all, and how do I put the work in to help my shop. Sorry for all the questions I’m not the best in understanding things when it comes to researching due to a head injury any advise would be very greatful xxxxx

Hi there, welcome, you’ll find lots of info on the forums to help you out.:slight_smile:
My feedback would be that you have a nice set of products, keep going as 10 items is quite low in a shop to help you get seen.
Use the relist function as this helps get your work ‘refreshed’ and to the top of the pages.
Personally I’m not keen on logos in photos. Also be aware that the photos get cropped so it’s worth adjusting the photos so you see all of the products.
your about me section is interesting, the only thing i would say is that it does come across as ‘im just doing this as a hobby’ but actually your products look pretty professional.
welcome to Folksy and hope you enjoy running your shop!

1 Like

Awwwwww Hi SulikoSoul thank you ever so much for all that information that is really helpful and appreciated I shall have a look at the hobby bit you mentioned to, and the photos you said about oh don’t I might only get half a bottle in the photo next lol once again thank you for the advise and help xxxx

I just looked at your Facebook page and there is no mention of your Folksy shop. Promotion is key and if you don’t tell people you are here they won’t know! I would certainly add your Folksy shop to your Facebook page and put regular posts on there with links back to your shop.
Good Luck

2 Likes

Hi KBCreations thank you ever so much I’m still not very good at this lol if you don’t mind how do I add my folksy shop to my fb page please, and thank you ever so much for your advise and help xxxxx

1 Like

Your items look lovely against that dark background! But I agree with @SulikoSoul, aim for square photos (at least for the first image) or you get half the bottle missing on your shop front.

If you go to your Facebook page and click “about”, under “additional contact info” there should be a place to leave your website link, which will save it in your details where it’s easy for people to find (but posting a link like you did is good promotion too :slight_smile: )

1 Like

As @konyskiw has said, if you go to the ‘About’ section on your Facebook page you can add the web address of your Folksy shop…

1 Like

as I always tell people…keep listing. Think of it like this…
if there is a new shop in town. you would go and take a look. If you went back the following week and then the next,and the shop had all the same things, you would stop looking.
However, if there were always new things to see, you would keep going back and hopefully see something that you might like to buy.
SO…don’t list too many things at once…list one or two as often as you can, to tempt people back to take another look.
You have done the right thing by coming onto the forums.
Everyone her is very helpful and plenty of threads, where you can show your work
Good luck and welcome x

3 Likes

Hi thank you everyone for all the input it has helped a lot, and understand it a bit better I’ve managed to add folksy to my fb I think I’ve done it right and just going to sort the pictures out now hopefully :pray:t2: and keep re listing etc. This is lovely having these forums and to be able to chat to like minded people to :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse: Thank you xxxx

1 Like

Just received the weekly Folksy shop activity and there is one new follower, but when I click on their name, Folksy page says that they are not a seller. And when I try to put the name into Google nothing comes up. Your thoughts on this would be really helpful. Thanks everyone. Katie

1 Like

That’ll be someone with a Folksy account who is just a customer, & not a seller. Good news, as it usually means they are picking things for a future purchase :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for explaining this. Happy Monday.

2 Likes