Final decision, I think

I have been driving myself mad with the question of what to focus on out of my interests of engraving on glass, drawings,paintings and sculpture. Im not going to scrap any its just a quesion of which gets the most attention and Ive decided on the glass. It can be a frustrating medium but very rewarding when it goes well. On the downside when my sculptures go well I can make a mould and produce many figures from it, with paintings and drawings I can order prints but each time the glass has to be hand drawn and I cant do two identical if I wanted to, I can repeat the designs but no two are ever exactly the same. I think this is a plus for collectors but it makes it hard to reduce costs and we all know how reluctant people can be to pay enough to reward us for the time we invest in our work. Anyway decision made…sort of …I think, oh well we’ll see

5 Likes

Your glass work is very distinctive John and deserves to do well.

I’d hate to see you limit yourself - you can clearly create beautiful pieces in all your mediums. I personally sew (by machine and by hand), knit and crochet and couldn’t think of giving up any of them. I say do what you like, when you like - there’s no one ‘right’ way to do any of this, in my opinion :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you very much

Thank you Debbie I think I will continue to work with the different mediums as you say there are things I miss when I’ve not done one foe a while. I appreciate your input its helpful to have another’s views

1 Like

Agreed, your work is wonderful @JohnHammond your glass work is simply stunning! Good luck whatever you decide though.

Thank you, I appreciate your supportive comments

1 Like

Hi

Please keep going as you are. Your work is lovely.