Folksy Ltd

First item you ever sold?

(Thedotterypotter) #1

What was the first item that you ever sold on Folksy?

Mine was this tree pendant that I sold in 2008 - quite a bit different from my style now. Also - having looked at it again - the leaves look rather地herm如hallic!! :rofl::see_no_evil:

(Roz) #2

Long before I started felting, I used to do all sorts of crafts. A couple of these little printed pebbles were the first thing I sold on Folksy.

(Claire Mead) #3

This cute oilcloth set was my first sale on folksy

(Kim Blythe) #4

My first sale was a black cat bookmark

(Deborah Jones) #5

My fist sale on here in April 2010 was a pair of nugget hoops. It was my first listing - I had just pressed the list button, and couldnt work out why they werent in my shop.
They are still popular, but currently out of stock. On my to do list.

(Zoe Fowler) #6

This is my first and only sale

( Carol ) #7

Mine was a pom pom maker set. Back in the day I sold mainly knitting supplies with just the odd but of knitting. My knitting soon took over and now thats all I sell

(Tina Martin) #8

My first sale was a set of doggy bookmarks but I havenst any now or a pic to share.

that made me smile @thedotterypotter :smile:

(Helen Clifford) #9

One of my prints:

and Im still as excited every time I get a new order!

(Plumporridge) #10

Mine was a patchwork Christmas stocking, but the photo is long gone!

(Christine E.) #11

Cant believe I sold this in July 2009 for just 瞿8.50!..

I wasnt making at the time, I just had some things left over from craft fairs (which Id given up because I hated them) :slight_smile:
Hadnt expected to be sucked in for the next 9 years!

(Thedotterypotter) #12

I only sold that one item in 2008 and then forgot about my Folksy shop until 2010 when I decided at the start of that year to give it a good shot! I cannot remember for the life of me where I was selling for those two years inbetween, I think it was possibly Misi was that what it was called? and I sold on a Forum that I was really active on.
I remember having a really hard job signing up for the dark side at that time as they would only accept a credit card and I didnt have one. Eventually they accepted debit cards and I signed up there too but have never quite made it over there!

(Helen Healey) #13

My first Folksy sale was this toiletry bag

(Rosesworkshop) #14

I started out knitting hats and gloves, and selling them at little local events in village halls. My prices covered the cost of the materials plus 瞿1 towards the table cost and 瞿1 for me!

I couldnt afford to pay somebody 瞿250 to create a website so I could sell online, but then in Sept 2011 I discovered Folksy. My first sale here came six weeks later, and it was a pair of knitted fingerless gloves.

(Suzzie Godfrey) #15

I started with a weekly stall at Country Markets in Long Melford, then a B&M shop on The Green in Walberswick. I opened my Folksy shop 3years ago and the 1st item I sold were a pair of bunny clothes hangers, they are still as popular as ever, and now I keep a tin of different coloured bowties to suit everyones preferences.

(Silvana Briers) #16

I think this was the first ever sale on Folksy, a sterling silver cat brooch - in 2011! And I still make the occasional one even now.

(Liz Clark) #17

My first sale - Drake the duck. I found it a bit hard to part with him if Im honest!

(PetraBradleyPrints) #18

My first sale on Folksy was this vintage tea towel purse of the Western Isles. It went all the way up back up to there as I remember. Must have got my tags right for that one!

(Jan Ryan) #19

My first Folksy Sale was a Small Fairy Door, this lead to a commission for a number of doors for Party Favors.
Pink doors are still popular :smile:

(Susan Bonnar) #20

This was my first sale on 21.2.10 - was so exciting and sold on the day I listed it! Ah - those were the days!

Cant believe that was nearly 8 years ago!