Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - AUGUST 2017

4 Likes

Afternoon All, hope youā€™ve had a good day xx
[

6 Likes

Hi all,

Just back from a fantastic few days in Paris. Had a visit to Monetā€™s garden which was absolutely amazing. Garden heaven!

Just a relist from me today until I get back to normal.

Max @paperchainsandbeads can you please add another sale to the tally for me.

Jeanie x

6 Likes

Sorry for being AWOL.

So yesterday evening I took my 16yr old boy to the vets. He has a growth on his front leg which has been there for some time and monitored by the vet. Over the course of the day yesterday, the growth had popped through the the skin, was bleeding and irritating him as he was constantly cleaning it.
Due to his age, the vet was weighing up whether to operate to cut it out or not and asked her colleague for a 2nd opinion.
Doing nothing wasnā€™t an option as the growth was infected.
He was given a 50/50 change of surviving the anesthetic.
Iā€™m pleased to say my boy is a fighter and I will be collecting him from the vets shortly :blush::blush::blush::blush:

20 Likes

Crikey - that was a mammoth catch up session. Thats what comes of being busy all day doing other things and not getting on here.

Glad your pussy cat survived the op Carol @Knittingtopia - its always a worry, especially at that age.

I know what you mean Sue @SueTrevor - I decided to spend more time on my shop on the other side as sales here have dried up but I have little enthusiasm for it and after a couple of days trying I feel like its slipping away again!

Spent this morning shopping and bought a ā€œMarvel Matā€ for the kitchen which is supposed to absorb dirt and moisture - weā€™ll see, I think it would have to be a Miracle Mat to cope with the amount of mud my dog brings in but fingers crossed it will help. On the plus side its washable! This afternoon I have been playing with some new ideas - a modicum of success I think.

Heres a scarf for you today

9 Likes

Hello

Sorry. Iā€™m working my way up the thread not down again. Iā€™ve got a lot of catching up to do :open_mouth:

I spent the day at a friends hot tub party yesterday. It was lovely relaxing and chatting. Felt abit naughty drinking a few glasses of fizz in the daytime :clinking_glasses:

Today Iā€™ve been strict with myself and spent all morning and most of the afternoon making new things. Iā€™m finding it harder to concentrate at the moment as my OCD is plaguing me. It can get very tiring.

Anyhoo ā€¦ I hope your all well. Iā€™m off to catch up on your news and makes.

I just have a relist today.

Karen x

4 Likes

Wonderful news for you - you must be very relieved

2 Likes

Lovely colour

2 Likes

Great News Carol @Knittingtopia - hope he makes a speedy recovery at home x

Thanks Steph @StephShortSupplies x

My listing for today is this Sale tealight holder

Sorry - havenā€™t updated my sales lately - Iā€™ve got 13 more to add to the tally please Max @paperchainsandbeads x

4 Likes

Sounds like an idyllic day Karen @karenscraftybitz - Iā€™d like a day like that - closest Iā€™m going to get is putting my feet in a washing up bowl of bubbly water with a glass of ribena - lol!

5 Likes

Glad to hear your old boy is on the road to recovery Carol @Knittingtopia

Sue @SueTrevor shame if you end up having to spend your prize money on a washing machine

Out for much of today, just caught up with everyoneā€™s News and items and adding a re-list from the sale section of my shop

5 Likes

Oh dear lol Sarah @thedotterypotter that did make me chuckle.

It was a very surreal experience to say the least. Bobbing around in an hot tub with an inflatable flamingo cup holder on a wednesday day :smile:

Karen x

3 Likes

Roz @OrchardFelts the other side leaves me in tears, the forums are vile, I can never find the right place to put my work, and as for the length of the titles and tags make me want to cry. But I have managed to list a couple more items today, I feel as though now Iā€™ve made some money there I can throw some more at it. But my heart is definitely hereā€¦

1 Like

Roz and Sue @OrchardFelts @SueTrevor I know exactly what you mean about filling the shop on the other side, I keep vowing I will spend time on it, but after a couple of listings lose the will. I donā€™t go near the forums there anymore and rarely visit my teams. I do get sales though, my shop there is paying the bills this month which is lucky as August here is always dead for me.

Carol @Knittingtopia So pleased your old boy is strong, I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

3 Likes

Thank you Roz @OrchardFelts, Maureen @sewflair, Sarah @thedotterypotter, Sue @BeadstormJewellery and Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery.

As soon as he was home he was pestering to be fed so I think heā€™ll be fine :blush:. He has to be kept indoors for 7-10 days and has a check up on Monday but itā€™s all looking positive :blush:

5 Likes

Evening all,

Just scraping in again! Carol @Knittingtopia so pleased to hear your boy is on the mend - they are such a worry!!

I hope you are all sitting down as I actually have something new to show you today!! Donā€™t worry though, I expect Iā€™ll be back on the relists tomorrow!! :grin:

Jayne xx

6 Likes

Good morning, yay happy dancing for sales peeps :). Thatā€™s good news Carol @Knittingtopia sounds like he will be back to his usual self soon then :cat:.

I know what you mean about over tā€™other side, though I do join in one or two teams and it does seem to help with getting seen, I never go to the main forums though ā€˜shudder!!ā€™ Iā€™m currently trying to make sure promotion covers all 4 shops and posting something from each a few times a week, though it is hard work, but sales are coming in so I guess it must be working.

8 Likes

Morning peeps.

Only 8am and already my plan for the day has changed!

Was playing around yesterday with some patchwork - ended up with 2 pieces which I really like but now have no idea what to do with! They are about a4 size - any ideas? They will probably end up in my sample box.

Heres my listing for today - a slight variation on a theme, this one is felted on cotton cheesecloth rather than silk. Off to take some photos now and then to spend some money!

5 Likes

good morning allā€¦thank you all for your kind comments and words.
We were able to get through the day smiling and had a day of happy memories.
Now back to workā€¦
Today I have a crocheted baby bonnet.

6 Likes

Carol @Knittingtopia so pleased your boy is ok
Sorry Roz, @OrchardFelts other than placemats, if they can be washed? Iā€™m not sure two totally different colourways would fit in with peopleā€™s decor though!
Well, I shall try and continue with listing the on the other side, I should have 18 items by now! I thought by the end of September I could have 60, and then I could take it from there, continue to list if they do sell or close down completely otherwise, when they expire. Iā€™m not getting any views at all, whereas on here, there great, even if Iā€™m not getting any /many sales at the moment!
Todayā€™s listing,

6 Likes