Folksy App .. discount codes & gift vouchers

Hi … I was wondering how we could ask Folksy about creating an App??? I really think this would get us more traffic and promotion. Also a lady asked in another thread about discount codes and gift vouchers, I personally think we need all these extras to bring more customers.
What does everyone else think??

2 Likes

It’s already been suggested by quite a few sellers, have a look at this page where all the suggestions are:

http://folksy.uservoice.com/

1 Like

thanks Margaret, I found it and just pressed vote? is that correct? I didn’t read terms and conditions?

Yes, you have up to 10 votes. You can get the votes back when the suggestion is implemented.

You can give any suggestion up to 3 votes if you want to, it depends how strongly you feel

1 Like

Thanks for the info Margaret I’m off to vote now :slight_smile:

I can’t afford to offer discounts my items and I think it just suggests we are over pricing in the first place if we can afford to offer discounts.

Also once you start issusing discounts your customers will expect them and it encourages potentials customers to wait for your next round of discounts before buying from you.

It encourages only those who are bargain shoppers and I personnaly don’t believe our handmade items are bargain cheap items.

I would not vote for discount coding myself it doesn’t say the right thing for my shop.

something like offering a discount is always optional, no one would be forced to use them. And if you can’t afford to offer a discount, maybe you need to look at your pricing? I just got a large wholesale order because I price so that I can offer wholesale prices and still make money.

2 Likes

yes I agree offering a discount coupon is optional, you don’t need to use it. In my experience as a returning customer to some really lovely shops on other handmade/crafting shops (won’t name them, incase we are not allowed) I have been given discount and these shops are well established and do well, it is another extra option just like the gift vouchers, they would be there if we want to use them and opt out if we don’t, just nice to have the option if Folksy does approve these extra things to help us.

3 Likes

Lol! …I’m fairly new to Folksy and have been used to selling on Ebay and Etsy and the first thing I did when I got my firstt sale here on Folksy was ‘ask nicely’ if we could have an App!!!..You see, my Smart phone tells me if I have an Ebay or Etsy sales with lov-erl-ly Logos and it means I can send a swift ‘Thank you’ via their Apps to my customers. It is also great to take my phone downstairs to my studio and use the Apps for packing rather than taking my laptop and it means that if I need to quickly check my listings or have a query, I am notified immediately. What’s more there is a nice 'Etsy and Ebay widget to click on to get straight to their sites…all in all I desperately want one to improve the selling experience - and yes - if would definitely improve traffic! The future is phones and tablets and Folksy needs to catch up…and I have bashed on about this already so I’m sorry for those who have heard it before!!!..Magsx

1 Like

On the discounting front; I don’t discount, but Ebay enables you to offer free postage or an offer on postage after a certain number of items are purchased. So my customers get free postage with three or more kits purchased. This is a good form of goodwill gesture I think.

I’ll offer ‘Free postage’ once the post office stop charging me postage.

There is no such thing as ‘Free Postage’ someone has to pay for it. If the customer doesn’t pay for it by adding it to the item price then of course the Seller pays it.

Free postage is a false advertising however Postage Included in price is what sellers are really offering when they wrong claim it’s Free postage.

Thank you Louisa! I see there is an on going request for both these subjects and I thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction to vote!..You see this is another reason why Folksy is such a good site ; I know of no other that actively ask for suggestions!

again all these things are there if we would like them! nobody is putting pressure on anybody to give discount etc … I am speaking from experience of amazing shops/sellers as a returning customer, combined postage is definitely a nice thing to do for customers. Nobody is making anyone!! use these options, but they would be nice for those of us who would like to offer occasional discount codes for returning customers.

1 Like

When listing in Ebay, you list postage separately so free postage means ‘free’ postage. Yes, I do have to pay the postage myself in these circumstances, but to me it is a form of loyalty scheme and works out cheaper than offering a blanket 10% off.

I do think you are absolutely right in your belief that we shouldn’t have to offer discount ; if someone wants something they should be prepared to pay for it. Quite Right.

1 Like

I think you have it all there Gracie…I was thinking more about this ‘off screen’ (Lol) and actually I have found discounting very useful for getting rid of end-of-lines - so this is a very good option to have for someone who might want to use it, as you say.

1 Like