Folksy on Facebook?

I finally figured it out yesterday: I used static html app for fb. i only had to change the picture because the default one it grey star so made myself one in gimp. it says: my folksy shop. I am happy to share it if anybody needs it.
inside I pasted the code for the horizontal widget.
have a look and if anybody likes it I am happy to help:

xx
Magdalena

1 Like

I need help, Magdalena - in words of one syllable as I’m a techno dinosaur.

Liz
x

Do you like how it looks on my page? Is this something you are looking for?

Hopefully these steps will be easy for you:

1. while logged on your persnal fb page click this link:
    https://apps.facebook.com/static_html_plus/?fb_source=search&fb_appcenter=1
    You should see in the middle of the page a blue banner with ‘Add Static HTML to a page’ and click this banner.
    2.It will ask you on which page you want to install it, so choose your desired page and click install.
    If you then go to that page you should see next to your likes new app : grey with a star. Please click it
    3.You should see two options:see tab as a visitor or ‘edit tab’, click the second one.
  2. Now you should see kinda like a dialog window, with ‘index html’ written abouve big blank text box. This is where you want to paste your widget code.
    5 So, in another tab go to your dashboard on folksy, find ‘widgets’ (i think they are the last in shopkeeping menu. I have chosen horizontal strip with 3 pictures but the choice is yours. Highlight a bit of text in the text window, press ctrl+c on your keyboard.
  3. Go back to the tab with the ‘index html’ and click in the big white text box. Press ctrl+v from your keyboard. The widget code should appear.
    Click save and publish (blue button top right) and then a bit above that is button ‘done editing tab’ which you should press to finish.
  4. Now you should have a working link to your shop, but you still need to change that star.
    If you give me your email I can send you a picture that has the right size with the instruction how to add it.

Good luck! and if you struggle (it took me two days to work it out) do not hesitate to ask
x

4 Likes

This looks informative! Unfortunately I can’t follow instructions using my ipad (says its incompatible with mobile devices) and my laptop is in for repair. Will have to return to this thread when I get it back. Thanks for posting this.

1 Like

Wow, thanks, Magdalena, I’ll go and see if I can sort that lot out.

Liz
x

1 Like

@stitchingarainbow thanks for these instructions. Now I just need to change the name of the tab from Welcome. Any ideas?

Must have a go when I’m ipadless and have some more useful machinery to work on.

I just got back on Facebook and folksy after a few months break and I found my fb page completely different. My shop is now on the left… and it behaves different… I am going to have to figure it out all over again :frowning:
During the holidays I lost all my photos and graphics, including that little folksy logo, and I can’t get it back from fb so I have to make that one again too… it may be some time before i do it again.
My apologies to everyone who asked for help or this picture, i am trying to get up to speed with it all.
xx
Magdalena

No problem, Madgalena, hope you get straightened out quickly! I managed to grab a logo (actually I screen-shotted yours, and then photoshopped it to the right size) and worked out how to use it. If anyone wants the .jpg I can send it to them.