Folksy Seller Tips

Hi there

I’ve been on Folksy for about 12 months and sold very few items (I have about 5 in my shop). I think I have decent product photography and detailed product description but unfortunately not successful here. Is there any sellers who struggled for a while and then found a few ways to boost their visibility and sales? Would love to get some knowledge shared and exchanged.

Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul - you need to promote your products as much as you can on social media to bring people to you shop. I find Facebook and Instagram work really well for me.
Also, maybe you need to have a few have a few more things in your shop. Mine is nearly empty at the moment because I’m on holiday but I usually have 30-40 things in there.

1 Like

I have to agree with @MaisyMuffin, promoting on social media is very important. I checked your Facebook page and you have only posted once this year, and there is no mention of your Folksy shop at all. I try and promote every day either on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. There is a Folksy group on Facebook too which you could join. Also, join in the promotional threads here on the forum where we all help promote each other, and add more items to your shop, that will also help.

Kim

1 Like

Hi Paul

There is also lots of info and tips on the Folksy Blog, so worth grabbing a cuppa and having a read when you have some time.