For those of us at Unbusy markets /fairs. Jokes please

I am Bored. Sold 3 little suncatchers In 4 hours. 2 hours to go.
My 3 sales is better than all but one stall here has done (she’s sold 4 books).

I need entertainment
Jokes welcome.

1 Like

I’m useless at jokes I’m afraid Joy @JOYSofGLASS so unable to help. Hope things pick up for you soon. I’ve been persuaded to go to the gym - think I’d rather be bored at a craft fair - you can think of me and console yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope you can access this Joy, I think it’s so funny and clever, I watched it numerous times in the vain hope a towel might drop.

4 Likes

Here’s one:

A sweet grandmother telephoned St. Joseph 's Hospital.
She timidly asked, "Is it possible to speak to someone Who can tell me how a patient is doing?"
The operator said, "I’ll be glad to help, dear. What’s the name and room number of the patient?"
The grandmother in her weak, tremulous voice said, "Norma Findlay, Room 302."
The operator replied, "Let me put you on hold while I check with the nurse’s station for that room."
After a few minutes, the operator returned to the phone and said, "I have good news. Her nurse just told me that Norma is doing well. Her blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back normal, and her physician, Dr. Cores has scheduled her to be discharged tomorrow."
The grandmother said, "Thank you. That’s wonderful. I was so worried. God bless you for the good news."
The operator replied, "You’re more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?"
The grandmother said, “No, I’m Norma Findlay in Room 302. No one tells me shit.”

9 Likes

@belafarcrafts @erkinwald
Thank you both. You broke my boredom beautifully and now I’m home I’ve had to watch the towel dance on the full pc screen. Not seen that before, so funny :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Hopefully more jokes will appear on here to provide much needed entertainment for others stuck at far too quiet markets and fairs.
I can get pretty bored selling 4 suncatchers over a 6 hour period to a very limited amount of potential shoppers.

2 Likes

Love to think of you hoping for a dropped towel Lynn! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have my eyes closed…:unamused:

2 Likes

Gonna have to watch it now too :grinning:

2 Likes

That’s the funniest thing I have seen in ages - very clever, too!

3 Likes

Makes you wonder, have they ever dropped a towel…:blush:

1 Like

I went for an eye test recently and the optician said I was colour blind, i was shocked and the news came right out of the purple.

4 Likes

What is a pirates favourite shop?

Arrrhhhgos

3 Likes

At one of my hand made craft fairs, a seller of home made jams and pickles
had just set up her stall
Her first customer studied all on show, and then asked her,
’ have you got any Branston '
We all had a laugh at that, kept us going all day!!

5 Likes

OK one from me (my Scottish son-in-law Gordon has a wicked sense of humour and often shares it on Facebook !

2 Likes

I have a table at a Mini Market today, in Blythburgh church, just off the A12 up in Suffolk. Hoping that because it’s half-term and the signs have been out for a couple of days, there may be a good crowd. Obvs taking my phone, and the download of the towel dance, just in case!! Fingers crossed. Will let you know, Suzzie xx

5 Likes

Hope you do well today Suzzie, visited Blythburgh and the church earlier in the year with some friends and found it to be a delightful place. Glad to see you’ve got the towel dance download just in case…

Blythburgh church in the sunshine.

4 Likes

What a beautiful picture of the church, I have to say I didnt need to watch the towel dance, but I wasnt rushed off my feet either.
The next market is Saturday 25th November, a Christmas one, and the church looks amazing as all the lights twinkle in the short days and dark afternoon. Come and say ‘Hello’ Lynn.
Suzzie x

3 Likes

Would love to come and say hello Suzzie, but I’m also doing and Christmas Fair on that day, hope I’m not going to have to rely on the towel dance to amuse myself. xx :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi all - I’m doing my first ever craft fair tomorrow, am both excited & nervous… will bookmark this thread for reading in case it’s quiet. I hope not… wish me luck!

3 Likes

At that date, it should be in full Christmas buying frenzy!! Good luck with yours, Suzzie xx

2 Likes