Success at a Christmas fair

I had a brilliant Christmas market at Blythburgh church yesterday, sold 8 hot water bottles! Everyone smiled as they approached my table, so uplifting. Luckily I always knit two of everything, in case of twins, so my shop isn’t too depleted.
Who else has had a brilliant one?

17 Likes

That’s great Suzzie, I had a good one yesterday as well, I’m hoping that the one I do next week is good.
Here’s hoping. :grinning:

1 Like

Where are you at next weekend? Local?

1 Like

Well done you! :smiley:

1 Like

Well done! This is great :slight_smile: . I had a good one yesterday; I haven’t done one in 4 years!

3 Likes

That’s good news Suzzie. I had a really good one on Friday evening. It’s the fourth year I’ve done it and it started off much slower than usual but ended with me having done the best I’ve ever done at that fayre. I’ve got another one next Saturday so fingers crossed.

3 Likes

It’s such a boost to know when the customers SEE your work they want to buy it. xx

1 Like

I love folksy, but I also love all the buzz of a fair. Especially when the customers want to buy. They see something, love it, don’t quibble at the price, and buy, and go away happy xx

Had two brilliant weekends in Staffordshire. Aston Marina for 2 days last week, Sandon Hall yesterday was Amazing.
Day off today as my friend has chosen my busiest weekend to get married so all dressed up on the way to Gloucestershire. No gifts requested so I’m taking her one of my fused
hearts.
PS: just making a list of priority makes for next week !

2 Likes

Yes, the next village to me Stantead near Sudbury not the airport one.

1 Like

Thats great Suzzie.
Had a little string of fairs this month and sold 78 pieces, barely put a dent in my stock though, so still plenty for online sales.
Fairs are great for that instant feedback ,and it is uplifting when they say …I want it all! And start their collection.
Lots of my xmas fair customers become my Folksy customers through out the year.

4 Likes

I haven’t sold on folksy for ages, but do sell at fayres. As you say, it’s nice that people buy when they see stuff. I hope that they will come back to folksy afterwards

That would be nice, that they loved what they bought in the flesh so much, that they then sought you out to buy more from your folksy shop. x

3 Likes

Mine was ok, made the stall price back plus a bit extra so not that bad really. Not done that one before so probably worth doing next year if I am able.

1 Like

Love your stuff, @jessicagoulty. Glad you enjoyed your market.

2 Likes

Thank you @Lotfieldjewellery! You have a lovely little shop. Your copper squares earrings are so pretty! Love a bit of copper.

The other stall holders were great so that always makes it fun when you spend the quiet times chatting and laughing!!

Glad you had a good time too! It is good to boost everyones confidence, helps give a good vibe to the market if all the stall holders are happily chatting xx

1 Like

This is great to hear of all the successes! I am doing my only Christmas fair next weekend, and am busy sewing some bits to take with me. Fingers crossed the buying spree continues!

I do think that now people are ‘used’ to Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the difference between the handmade seller and the big corporate shops is getter clearer, and so in turn eventually will help the handmade seller.

Can you tell how was the footfall this year in comparison to fairs you did last year or previous years?
Was there a difference in the make up…eg younger people, same customers coming back etc…?
Just curious…

The two ‘big’ fairs I’ve done over last 2 weekends have had footfall up by about 1/3 I’m pretty sure.