Forgot to put customs label on to usa

Just sent a large letter to usa and dicovered the customs label sitting on my desk.
Will it get there ? or will they return it to me do you think

Oh no - your Post Office should have reminded you! I would say at best it will just sneak through the system, might take a little longer as they may open it at customs to check contents? Worst case it will come back to you again! I have done this before too - so annoying!

1 Like

did it arrive or was it sent back?

It arrived for me although took about a week longer than I would have expected. Will have my fingers crossed for you!

1 Like

Letters and large letters don’t need customs labels on, so it’ll get there fine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i thought large letters need a customs label?

I often send my tea cosies to the USA. They usually go as a large letter, £3.15 I think, and I always have to put a customs label on. If I forget to do this at home, which I sometimes do, my post office asks me to attach one.

1 Like

My PO never puts custom labels on letters and large letters and I’ve never had an issue in over 7 years : /

3 Likes

I have always had to put customs labels on large letters and state what is inside. Have to do this when sending anywhere outside of the EU.

1 Like

thats reassuring

1 Like

I alwas include a customs form for small packages (going as Large Letter) and I’ve never been told that I don’t need to do that…hhmmm…well, I hope your package arrives. Maybe ask the PO so if it comes back to you, you can arrange to be around to receive it and send it again without much delay.

1 Like

I have sent several things to USA as large letter and not needed to fill out customs form with no bother but have filled one out when sending a small parcel.

2 Likes