Front page appearance

For the first time I’ve been at my computer when I’ve had a sale and managed to see it on the front page! That’s my last owl brooch gone, but I do have another cat brooch left… ( I’m retiring )

5 Likes

It’s quite exciting when you see it isn’t it. :slight_smile:

It certainly is, Joy! It’s very rare for me to have a sale at all these days!..

A couple of weeks ago I actually appeared on there twice for some reason and both times I got really excited. It certainly gives you a boost.

Pauline

1 Like

Do you only get on the front page if you have the plus account?

No don’t think that’s the case.

1 Like

@Amberlilly I think getting on the front page is a random thing, not just shops with a Plus Account. I’ve been lucky a couple of times! So exciting.

1 Like

If you sell an item it automatically goes onto the front page (for a short while), so it’s exciting when you get to see it! The items that appear for the longest are ones chosen by the Folksy people- you don’t have to be a plus seller, it’s just what catches their eye…

1 Like

Hi all,
Congrats @coatimundi on yous sale and being on the front page!

Just wondering, do Folksy tell you if they use one of your items on the front page or is just something you have to spot your self? (Obviously you will know it will be there if you have made a sale)
Also, how long do the items that Folksy choose stay on the front page?

Thanks! No, they don’t tell you. I’m not sure how long they stay there, about a week (?)

Things also appear when people ‘love’ them. When I’ve been through the daily lisiting club clicking love this on items, then go back to the front page, sometimes they will appear.

I think there is a certain style that Folksy are looking for but I haven’t quite got there yet! I keep experimenting!
Ellie x

Sadly I have not sold anything as yet. My shop is small at the mo. I only see it on front page when I first upload to the shop x I’ve had a few likes though :smiley:

You have a lovely shop thatssewchic.

1 Like

Thank you so much x

I too get a thrill when I see an item of mine on front page (must get out more!).

I think folksy have a list of approx 150 items from which random items appear on the FP every time it loads so no two people will necessarily see the exact same items at the same time. I believe the list is constantly changing too so a few items are added and a few removed fairly regularly. Don’t think you are told when your items are picked, just keep you eyes peeled!