Front Page Loved and Listed

Does anyone else think that the 2 boxes on the front page with loved items showing are not renewed regularly enough? The same items stay on there for about 10 minutes which makes the front page look very samey. The same thing happens with the box for listed which is showing a brand new item, we need to see more of these, so wouldn’t it be better to change these at least every 5 minutes. What does everyone else think?

I don’t look at the front page that regularly during the day - normally only when I log on first thing in the morning and then occasionally if someone is commenting on an aspect of it in a forum thread. So for me the fact that they only renew every 10 mins makes no difference, I’m unlikely to be looking at it twice within that time frame and I’m not sure I understand why someone would be looking at the front page that regularly. One thing I have noticed when logging in (especially early in the morning) is that the recently sold and being bought now boxes often have the same item in them due to lack of overnight sales.
Sasha

I think particularly for the listed box it should only be five minutes or so because these are genuinely new items. Odds on when anyone lists something brand new it doesn’t get shown because of the amount of time an item is staying on there.

I assumed it updated automatically when something new was listed or when someone favourited an item, but must admit like Sasha I don’t look at the front page very frequently, maybe when when I log in/out but that’s about all.

I like this idea-Wouldn’t it be fun for shoppers if the boxes for newly listed or loved changed once every 30 seconds or so, showing them a variety of things in just one hit.

Love Sam x

2 Likes

Yes Samantha, exactly what I think - would give front page a bit of oomph and show a lot more lovely new items.

1 Like

I listed a new item about an hour ago, popped onto the newly listed on the front page to see my product in newly listed. My cuff was already on page 10 no one is going to look that far for an item. It seems that a few shops have hogged the pages by re listing their entire shops, is this the only way to get noticed by re listing everything daily?

I had the same sort of problem this morning @leathermeister.
I wouldn’t registered my,whole shop but unfortunately people do
There isn’t a lot we can do about it.