Geography lesson

When I get an order I like to find out where my cards are going to and if I dont know the place I google it and find it on the map
Does anyone else do that?

1 Like

I do that all the time lol. I get so jealous sometimes as people live in beautiful places :grin:

1 Like

Guilty! Especially if it is overseas and sounds exotic. Google Street View is a wonderful thing!

Shirley x

2 Likes

Sounds a bit like stalking to me!lol

I can understand why you do it though! :smile:

I havent gone as far as the google street view though!!! I think I will go and see what my place looks like!

I only do it for really exotic sounding addresses, especially Hong Kong, Singapore etc.
It can be an eye opener and it’s nice to see the type of location your item is going to.

Shirley x

LOL - love this!! I am just off to check my address on Google Earth to make sure my house looks tidy :smile:

4 Likes

Haha. That’s funny.

I wish I had started putting a dot on the map for all the places I’ve had orders from - it would be lovely to see all the far-flung (and close) places my products have gone! I often wish I could wrap myself up in the parcel and post myself off too…

4 Likes

I sub - section my sales in my bookkeeping.
A different section for each country. I can quickly look and see what countries I have posted to.
I have sent parcels to all the continents apart from Africa and South America.
I keep meaning to get a map and put a pin for each country.

Shirley x

1 Like

Actually I always THINK of doing it but never get around to it! I do however always love the look of some names and addresses though…my fav to date is a place called ‘Mount Nod’ in Coventry!!! …I also had a lovely ‘Patricia Pepper’ lately!..

Now I really like that idea!

Today I’m wrapping myself into parcels for Singapore, Poland, the US and Australia as well as places in the UK… (sadly not through Folksy though…) This may be the only holiday I have this year - even if it is only imaginary!!!

1 Like

We have a world map here on the Studio wall and we put glittery stars wherever we have a sale.
World domination here we come :wink:

2 Likes

Oh I fancy doing that little rams! will need to find a map now

Yes. I certainly do it when I get a phone order to make sure I have written down the correct post code but other times as well when the address isn’t very clear. They are often entered in lower case and that is not generally good for post codes.

But goodness, I thought it was just me :slight_smile:

Did that on our address a couple of weeks ago and my husband was at the end of the drive, cutting the hedge !

Can you get maps that you could store on line and then you can mark them when you have a sale does anybody know?

Oooh! That would be a good idea Diane!

Shirley x

I did do a mark on Autoroute express once using a pushpin for each location - very interesting. I had observed I was getting a lot of sales from Scotland and Wales and wanted to see how it looked mapped out. Would love to fill it out with the sales since but a bit time consuming. Need a free evening and they are rare !
Joy xx

1 Like