SHOP LOCATIONS - new feature!

NEW FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT!
Hi everyone. We’ve got a nice new little feature to show you. If you log into Folksy and go to your seller dashboard, you’ll see a new ‘Shop Location’ button in the sidebar. Click that and you can choose whether to display your town, county, town and county or not to display your location at all (it which case it will just say United Kingdom as before).

This is the first step in our plan to create ‘Folksy Local’ groups that you can join as sellers with a view to organising meet-ups, craft fairs and events in your area, and also to help customers find shops in their area and shop more locally if they want to. The next step here is to make the locations clickable links, which then take you to a page displaying all Folksy shops (or possibly products) within that area.

It’s just gone live so there might be a few bugs, eg it might not display the area you’d like it to or it might not accept your postcode as valid. So if you have any problems please do let us know.

16 Likes

Wow, thanks Folksy folks @folksycontent this is awesome!! Have just updated mine with no problems. Really looking forward to the Folksy local groups etc - I do love this forum but it would be great to meet up in person & having local Folksy events would be fab :grinning:

2 Likes

This is brilliant and I’ve updated mine. Hoping to find others near me so we can possibly meet up. This is going to be great and also to start having Folksy pop up shop events, real promotion all round for us the creators and Folksy also. Thumbs up all the way :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I have messaged you @Folksyadmin as mine is incorrect, came up as Humberside…to a Yorkshire lass born and bred this is cringeworthy :smiley::joy::grin::sweat_smile:should be East Yorkshire :blush:please

8 Likes

Thanks - this looks a great idea - love the idea of Folksy local groups.
-x- :heartpulse: :paintbrush: :crayon: :pen: :pencil2: :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Folksy Local Groups sounds like a great idea.
It would be nice to know who else is around in my area and maybe get the craft fairs going.
I guess it would also help spread the word for Folksy too :star_struck:

3 Likes

What an excellent idea! Well done Folksy :balloon: :sunny:

3 Likes

Such a great idea. My town, Southend, came up as Basildon - not quite the same place, but close-ish… I just put my county!

1 Like

If you email support, we might be able to fix it Francesca.

1 Like

I’m with you Debby @Bearlescent, mine has come up as North Humberside, it’s definitely East Yorkshire up here on the Wolds too, we don’t like the word Humberside round here!! Please can we change it?! @folksycontent and @dougfolksy :grinning:

5 Likes

Yes! I’ve asked Doug to manually update it. Some of the info in the postcode database seems a little squiffy!

2 Likes

Excellent :blush: I have just updated my shop.
The local groups is a good idea, looking forward to hearing more about this :blush::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Happy to just use the county as the town comes up as Stoke-on-Trent, which technically isn’t correct. But happens a lot. :joy:

1 Like

I have set mine to County too, as the town was incorrect.
@folksycontent - can you adjust my town? It should be Bromley but is coming up as Keston.

Loving the idea & its potential!

1 Like

Great idea but postcode database definitely needs an update. Mine comes up as Bristol, Avon. Avon ceased to exist in 1996. Bristol spans Somerset and Gloucester but is usually just Bristol. My address is in North Somerset.

1 Like

My town cones up as Stoke on Trent and I do not live there !!

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: trust is to happen to you Debby @Bearlescent :joy: :blush:

2 Likes

The differences in actual town/county where you live against what is on the database is because Royal Mail (issuers of postcodes) will have the postcodes listed against your ‘Postal Town’ and whatever county that happens to fall in rather than where you actually live (if it isn’t a postal town).

1 Like

ha ha seems none of us liked the ‘H’ word…H word is almost like the ‘E’ word to Folksy :grin::joy:

2 Likes

I know…thing is we were East Yorkshire then someone decided many years ago we should become North Humberside…What!!! I’m a Yorkshire lass not a Humbersider…ha ha…after a few years our county was given its rightful name back but the postal system still spits out the H word now and again…I mutter if I receive post with it on it Karen :joy::grin:

3 Likes