Gift Vouchers Question

I’d like to start offering gift vouchers in my Folksy shop, but I’m unsure what would be the best way for customers to redeem them against a purchase. It seems a bit clumsy to ask them to pay full price then refund the voucher value. I suppose I could edit the listing to reduce the price, but that means the customer would have to request that before ordering, which isn’t ideal. It’s a shame the discount code doesn’t have a fixed amount option instead of just a percentage discount, as that would be a great solution.

Anyone out there offering gift vouchers already? If so, how do you process them?

And do you put an expiry date on them?

1 Like

Good question, I would be interested in finding out too. Hopefully someone can share what they do?

I was just typing out a new thread on this subject when this popped up,
I have gift vouchers at the ready and wondered if @Folksyadmin could shed any light please as each voucher is of a certain monetary value ie £25 £10 etc
Many thanks
Jax x

I’ve been asked by a customer if I’ll do gift vouchers for my shop as they want to give them as gifts so that people can choose what they like - I think the only way I can do it at the moment is to get the customers to get to the checkout and then message me so that I can mark the order as paid manually, and sort out any difference in what’s owed if they go over the amount via a Paypal invoice. I would put a couple of years as the expiry date, as that is ample time.

Not sure how else to tackle it at the moment - will watch this thread in case anyone has any bright ideas :slight_smile: