Gift card options

Hi everyone, hope you’re all well!

Does anyone provide gift card options on their shop? If so, how does the customer redeem?

Thankyou :slight_smile:

I don’t know if there is a way other than creating a listing for £X and then when a customer gets in touch, you send them what they want? That sounds a bit complicated for me to do, but I can’t think of another way? Folksy doesn’t offer gift cards that can be redeemed against any shop.

There’s no official option but you could probably mock up a nice gift voucher as suggested. Not sure if there are any special regulations governing this so might be worth doing a bit of digging on that first - just did a cursory search and looks like there’s a gift voucher law so would just make sure you comply with that. Might also be worth just checking with Folksy Admin to make sure they have no rules against it.

…just did a search and see there are some people doing gift vouchers already, hmm might look at this myself :grinning:

Hey I just stumbled upon this Gift Vouchers – Folksy Support & Knowledge Base which might be useful… 23 days later :rofl:

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

As they say… better late than never! :blush:

I didn’t know we could give gift cards. Not that I’m planning on giving the option just yet, but it’s good to know!

Hi

Just jumping on this thread as I want to set up a Gift Voucher to donate to a charity auction. As it isn’t going to a specific individual I’m guessing best way to do this is just create a digital ‘voucher’ to give to the charity to pass to the winner. Would the winner then just contact me direct and I would create a specific one-time code for them to use against a purchase? Or should I just get them to choose what they want and I then raise a custom listing for them? Just trying to think through how it would work.

On Etsy you can create a “coupon” with a discount code to enter at checkout. This can be a % or a set value. So you can create a code for £20 off total order value, then put this code onto a Gift Card for £20.
I think Folksy currently only has a % discount code, so that method wouldn’t work here at the moment, you still have to wait for a customer to email you.

1 Like

As Rosesworkshop says Folksy discount codes can only be for a % which makes it very difficult if you want to offer a prize of a certain amount. Best thing to do (I think) would be to make up a graphic that you can give to the charity to pass onto the winner so that the winner knows to contact you (make sure you get the charity to let you know the winner’s name just in case someone else tries to claim the prize) and then once the winner has contacted you make them a custom listing.

1 Like

Thank you both, that’s very helpful. Custom listing and email it is!

1 Like