Going full time ! eeekkkkk

Good luck and I hope it goes well.

I went full-time with my Folksy and Dark Side shops just over two years ago.
I couldn’t face going into my office job for another 7 years until I get my State Pension when I am 65.

I have never looked back. Money is short and we don’t have any treats but I am so much happier and we get out and and about much more. I love it!

Shirley x

2 Likes

Your website is gorgeous Robyn, and your products are so cute and quirky. I just adore the dancing mouse dress!
I think you are going to be fine x

1 Like

I’ve been trying hard to give up the day job completely for the past few years, but usually have to resort to a bit of contract work each year to top up the bank still. Being single means there isn’t another income to rely on, and sales are just not growing fast enough at the moment. I love the lifestyle and working for myself, but bills have to be paid. Good luck, I hope it works for you.

Love the website :smile:

1 Like

think we will all just keep plugging away, i find each year is different as well, its tricky trying to monitor sales sometimes . im a bit of a delboy so will have to do a bit more of that. i sell vintage clothing and do up furniture … i do love a good carboot haha x

Best of luck with it all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your shop is lovely and good luck with everything! I gave up my office job towards the end of 2010 so since 2011 I have been working for myself. It is hard work and the first couple of years were really hard, but I have a supportive husband and a lot of passion. I also do some freelancing jobs (besides my art) that give me some regular income and I love working for myself. Like Shirley, we don’t have treats (or rarely have treats) but we are happy and I can see a progress from year to year.

Teodora x

1 Like

This is so exciting!!! How’s the full-time journey going?

Awesome! Am totally inspired by fellow crafters who’ve gone full-time :slight_smile: Just started my folksy shop today myself!

How’s the full-time going Sarah? Your products are so cute! :slight_smile:

yes same here. Would love to do this full time but still work part time to pay the bills

It’s great to read all the comments here, everyone is so encouraging. I’d love to go full time, but I’m worried about the same things, so I haven’t taken the plunge yet. I’m doing quite well with another online shop, but I wanted to find a UK market. I already love Folksy, there is so much great advice here. Good luck Robyn, I’m sure you’ll do well.

Full time has been proper stressful ! It’s still very up and down . Don’t think it helps with my partner being self employed to . However I’m very good at juggling now. I’ve also had to take on some small jobs just to have some regular money coming in , but it’s lovely having the freedom to be creative . X