Good Tuesday Morning 4/8

@tagpress

I whipped up a quick Wedding card :smile:I usually make personalised cards, but this is just a standard card

x

1 Like

Twitter is great
I much prefer it to Facebook x

Playing catch up a bit as Iā€™ve been busy with the pendant (darn you Roz and Kelly but now I just have to sort out the bail and do some polishing) and reading all these stories about running around after kids/ grand kids realised Iā€™ve done my usual trick of under estimating peopleā€™s age by a good decade but no one is going to complain about that are they?
Back to tagging whilst I mull over bail options.
Sasha

@LynnroseDesigns, yeah Iā€™m not really into Facebook at the moment - Iā€™ve also just joined Instagram which is pretty cool as well :smiley:

Mmm ā€¦ having to rethink the roses a bit, they are fairly time consuming and would result in a very expensive scarf! Will have to see if I can achieve the same effect with a different method.

Found your Instagram but not Twitter?

@HandFDesigns

Thanks for following me! Err my Twitter name should be @HandFDesigns?
Lol, this is a whole new world to me! X

Hmmmm, I wanted to have Instagram, unfortunately cannot use it with laptopā€¦ Hate smartphones and all these thingies with touchpads ā€¦ Enlighten me please how Twitter works :slight_smile:

Hello all, afternoon it is. It is official I am old! Went out last night and ate fish and chips too late, way too late and as a consequence didnt sleep a wink and now only working on 20% battery, have tried a little nap, have tried a cuppa teaā€¦Still have some redcurrants to pick, and supper to make for the family, but what I really want to do is turn the telly on, put my feet up and do a few rows! Definitely fall asleep then!
But if I can last, then tomorrow could be a good productive day, back to normal service!!
Good to read about everyones days,
suzzie x

Nope, canā€™t find you
Here is meā€¦follow me so I can see you :slight_smile: xx

https://twitter.com/LynnroseDesign

With Twitter, tweet a few words/hashtags, retweet other peopleā€¦Always attach a photo of your product to your tweet, as tweets with photos attract more attention than just text
Also try to join in some Twitter hashtag hours to showcase your work :slight_smile: x

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m back at my.sisters now and Iā€™m sooooo tired.
We met up with one of my nephews school friends. Luckily I get on with her dad because we just spent 4hours together first at the park then we went for a wonder in the woods. It was lovely.

Really pleased to be back though. My feet hurt.

Will read all I can about this Twitter thing tomorrow, maybe even create account :slight_smile: Iā€™m too tired today :slight_smile: Have a nice afternoon and evening girls!

1 Like

Love the card @LynnroseDesigns, itā€™s turned out beautiful, well done! :wink:

Hope you hear from the lady soon Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880. Youā€™d be all settled for Christmas then. Glad you had a nice time out with the boys.

Sasha @SashaGarrett youā€™re funny! :laughing: So you chose the pendant after all, youā€™re such a good girl! All I need now is a photo, happy days! No rush with the polishing though lol. Iā€™ll be 37 in 3 months, how old did you think or assume I was? Just curious since you wanted to add another decade? lol :neutral_face:

Roz @Rozcraftz I hope you can come up with a solution for the rose design because itā€™s gorgeous!

Awww, bless you Suzzie! Hope you get a good nights sleep. x

1 Like

Oh Kelly @tagpress - turns out I was spot on with your age (about the same as me and I was 36, 3 months ago) but the eldest child any of my friends or cousins have is 7 years and the youngest is due next month (its her first and Iā€™ve already knitted the blanket) so there are definately no grandkids running about. It just doesnā€™t occur to me that someone my age could be a Granny, what does that say about me? I do hope you are planning on being the most glamourous and exciting granny possible thus making your grandson the envy of the play ground. Anyway since I survived cancer in my twenties and have the maternal instincts of a brick (thatā€™s a quote from a friend) Iā€™ll never have to deal with babies etc and get to be every parents worst nightmare by sending messy and/or noisy presents as and when I remember/ feel like it because I know no better.
Hopefully Iā€™m not digging myself a hole (which I am rather good at and I have just got back from the allotment :wink:)
Anyone else prepared to admit their age? Whilst I go and crawl into my hole and chew on the foot Iā€™ve probably just inserted into my mouthā€¦
Sasha

Oh well thatā€™s good then Sasha @SashaGarrett, at least you didnā€™t think I was 46 but I was really 56 lol. :smirk:

Sorry to hear about the cancer Sasha, any age is awful to have to deal with it and 20ā€™s is far too young but Iā€™m extremely pleased you was able to fight against it! My mum had cancer of both lungs back in 2012. She had 3 quarters of her right lung removed and her left lung was a different cancer, it was small but deep and was at stage 3. It was so heartbreaking to see, especially during the time she had to have chemo. She always said once she was diagnosed that she wouldnā€™t be bothered losing her hair but that wasnā€™t the case. Sheā€™d go home from my house and sheā€™d back back within the hour in tears because of things as little as her hair falling into her dinner plate, it was awful and I can only begin to imagine what you went through.

Itā€™s quite funny I guess because people have often thought my Daughter (19) is my Sister! Iā€™ll have to dig some photos out. x

Haha, TobisiasLilThing @TobisiasLilThing you are closer to the truth than you know when you say ā€œbad boyā€! The reason that I have not met the pregnant GF is that they were planning to do things in a different order: meet family, get married, have babies. However, the fertility Goddess didnā€™t see it that way, and has changed the order slightly. Surprisingly, the person least thrown by it all is my mother, the great-grandmother-to-be!

1 Like

Well I battled on with my rose design and have made a scarf which is drying as we speak. Never quite sure what its going to look like until it is dry and ironed but looking hopeful! Was very time consuming and Iā€™m not sure I would do it again - maybe one large rose rather than the five smaller ones I have put on this scarf. Will see how it turned out in the morning. For now Iā€™ll say goodnight cos Iā€™m one of the oldies that needs her sleep!

Canā€™t wait to see the finished result Roz @Rozcraftz. Sweet dreams. x

@tagpress Photos would be interesting - police line up style - see if we can pick you and your daughter outā€¦ Iā€™ll just keep hiding behind my dinosaur avatar having spent far too long working in pharma to be prepared to show all my face (first day at first job I was told what to do if there were protesters outside the site and that site had separate alarms (and drills) for fire, bomb and incursion! eek).
Thankfully I didnā€™t have to have chemo (wrong sort of tumour) so I only lost a strip of hair across the nape of my neck when they shaved it before the lumpectomy and since Iā€™d had an undercut as a teenager I could handle that (aaaah the 90ā€™s such a stylish time). The vanity did kick in and I did ask for a neat scar - it runs down the back of my neck as the tumour was embedded in my spinal cord - I could face anything so long as I didnā€™t look like frankensteinā€™s monster whilst doing so however I have subsequently been accused of being an old school Doctor Who alien in a human suit as you can see the zip down my back.
Bail dilemma sorted (so long as I can actually do it) so photos tomorrow.
Sweet dreams.
Sasha