Had a request for a swap

Hi advice please I have just received an email via folksy asking if I would consider a swap for one of my items. They are not registered as a buyer or seller with folksy and give no indication of where they are, what, if anything they make and what they are offering for swap. I am dubious about it uncertain what to do. What would you do any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Gill

I would ignore it and send a copy of the message to support. The sender must have created an account in order to contact you via folksy (I think that’s still the case, but it may have changed) so they will be able to check whether it’s spam or not. I definitely wouldn’t reply to it, as they will then have your e-mail address.

If it was a genuine offer, they would have given a bit more information about themselves, so I doubt it’s genuine.

5 Likes

Thank you for your advice.Had forgotten about the email.
Many thanks Gill

Gill, @rainbowsnmore, your shop trolley isn’t showing next to your name. You need to log out of the forum and in again and it will magically appear, then people will be able to go straight to your shop from the forum.

Liz
x

Thank you Liz I didn’t know that. Do I have to do that every time or is once enough?
Gillx

Hi, Gill, once is enough - I can see your trolley now.

Liz
x

I’ve been wondering for ages why everyone else had a trolley - I’ve just logged out then back in again. Can you see mine?

Yes, Emma, your trolley is showing now.

Liz
x

This is magic little trolleys appearing everywhere. We are all learning something
Have a great week

Gillx