Handmade Beads, Pendants & Charms

Hi Folks

I’m reaching out for some advice really.
I’ve got a small materials section with a few handmade charms & pendants already for people to buy & use in their own crafts, and I would really love to expand in that area and also add packs of handmade beads of all shapes, colours and varieties.

Is there a market here for those types of products?

I love making my Jewellery and novelty items and would still be regularly adding those. I just love making beads and pendants too. :smiley:

Karen

Oh MG, Karen @karenscraftybitz, are you kidding? The market is pretty huge for charms and beads! I think if that’s an area you’d like to be part of then you go for it girl! You’ll do amazing, 100%! x

1 Like

Awww Kelly your comments are lovely @tagpress
I think it’s a lack of confidence thing with me lol. I think i need to go on a boosting course.
I know folks tend to have their own preferred suppliers for their beading & jewellery needs, and I didn’t want to step on any toes. :blush:

Karen

1 Like

When they are as good as yours yes definately there is a market. I’m not sure how many you would sell to someone like me who sells her jewellery as her living - there is a ceiling on how much you can charge and I’m not sure there is sufficient margin for us both to make a profit (I can buy very nice 10mm round polymer clay beads for 10p ea and I don’t think you can make them at that sort of price). However for people who like to make jewellery for themselves or to give as presents then they would definately go for yours.
Sasha

3 Likes

I agree with Sasha there but I was thinking more in terms of people like that, or even sellers who for instance have their main product as knitting but would like to make jewellery in between if you know what I mean, but you’d still sell tons of them! x

1 Like

Thank you both Kelly @tagpress & Sasha @SashaGarrett
for taking the time to give me your thoughts.
That was what I was pondering… The whole price concept.
I think I will put some packs together promoting the handmade nature of the beads or pendants and hopefully folk will understand they may cost a little more as they aren’t hugely reproduced and are abit unique.

Have a lovely weekend

Karen :blush:

1 Like

Karen - definitely you should list them for sale! Wish you lots of sales!

1 Like

Thanks Monika @TobisiasLilThing
I’m going to get cracking in the week on some little bead packs :blush:

Karen :wave:

1 Like