Could do with some feed back... please

in the past month or so iv added new bigger pendants to my range. before I did small pendants (sold for £8) large 1inch round pendants ( sold for £10) along with my grips and earrings which sell well.

so my issue that I need feedback on is , if the price is right for my new larger oval pendants , which I have put on sale for £12. I think this is what they are worth , but at a craft fair yesterday they had lots of lookers ooh arhhs , people saying how nice they were but no takers… hmmm is the £2 price different really that bad?

I have worked out the costing’s and I could make they for £10 but I really think they are more time to produce and so should be more.

any thoughts are appreciated.

brodie

If you think that is what they are worth then you should stick to that price. You always get that at craft fairs/markets, I had it the weekend over a £4 brooch! They are bargain hunters and probably not your target market. I think more expensive items always sell slower than the cheaper items but I also think smaller pendants and accessories just sell better as well. Don’t ever undersell yourself, if the item is worth £12 then sell it for £12 :smile:

Ive noticed that people don’t buy many of my items over £10 at craft fairs. I think I sold some reduced bunting for £12 but that was the most expensive thing. Usualy its cards fro £2 or things £8 and below.
I think people have a budget, eg £5 each on the twins, £10 for auntie winnie etc if it doesn’t fall into their price range they may haggle.

But I agree with Natasha, dont undersell your items.

Is it the price or is it the size that is putting people off? Looking in your shop your large oval pendants are 45mm x 30mm and based on my experience that is the sort of size where people start to dither - its pushing the limits of what they are comfortable/ used to wearing. Its also sizable enough to make them uncertain if they are buying it as a gift. Maybe its just my neck of the woods but I have no problems selling items upto the £20 mark at craft markets but larger (and/ or more expensive) items definately take longer to sell. I’d stick with the £12 price point for that size but not do too many that size and offer them in smaller sizes if possible.
Sasha

thank you guys… I think my prices are really reasonable overall - I have seen the same type of pendants for sale at a much higher price . I want my my items to be profitable for me , but good value for my customers. I agree with people wanting a bargain - I always say that’s why my grips sell well at fair , cause they are in impulse buy.
but when it comes to my big pendants , I cant help think why don’t to you love them as much as I do ? I know its silly to think that .

You mustn’t take it personally - I’ve made things I love and am very proud of but have yet to sell (my oldest stock is 2 years old) whilst other things which I’ve thought ‘hmmm maybe not quite sure’ have sold on their first outing.

1 Like

I agree with Sasha @SashaGarrett - you can never judge what people will like. Some of my favourite scarves have been with me a while whereas others that I personally wouldn’t wear have flown off the shelves. I have also found in the past that a certain item sold like hotcakes, every craft fair I went to it was my top seller then suddenly (after I had restocked and made loads more) no one wanted to know and it took me ages to sell the rest. I think I even dismantled some in the end as they didn’t sell! The opposite has also happened - items that have been around for ages suddenly become really popular. If anyone knows the answer as to why then I’d love to know so I can cater for it!

2 Likes

I think your prices are fine and I agree with others, it’s very hard to predict what people will buy.

I think it’s perhaps the time of year… I haven’t done any summer fairs this year but at the ones I did last year I had similar reactions, lots of oohs and aahs but few sales. But come October/November/December the same things with the same prices were flying out.

Thanx for your imput,
im gonna make some smaller versions,

maybe your right about the time of year, the fair we did was a monthly artisan market so people come to buy… hopefully as we head towards xmas more will sell