Happy Thursday Morning 6/8

Wow, I take my hat off to you for being super organised! I will get there too…one day!

I have just re tagged my listings…tedious but necessary! Time for a lil break :blush:

Kam @handsandfeetdesigns I listed my first lot of Christmas decorations last month.
I’m now making some sets of decorations and I. Have Halloween stuff too.
Think now is the best time to do it.
People usually start looking for bits in September I found when doing stalls.
So hopefully it’s sort of the same on here

Kelly @tagpress and roz @Rozcraftz I have someone coming to view my flat at the weekend. Keep everything crossed he likes it. I ended up emailing the second person who showed interested and he rang me this morning. Turns out his elderly mother in law lives in the road behind us and get is her main career. So fingers crossed.

1 Like

I appreciate the heads up @hobbitgirlie1880 and @SashaGarrett! This is my first year so I appreciate the advice :smiley: I’d better start designing some Christmas stock then :christmas_tree::santa:

1 Like

Thanks Kam @handsandfeetdesigns. I plan on watching some tv this evening so the tv and sky box ain’t going anywhere lol. :grin:

Thank you Kim @KBCreations, have fun visiting you’re Daughter & Granddaughter. Hope you get some nice light for you’re key ring photos!

People talking about Christmas items makes me just want to decorate the Christmas tree lol. I love it!

Donna @RedDragonDesigns I’m feeling the sweat believe me! I can’t bare to pack anything away in my work space, the room looks so lovely and it feels like it’s going to be destroyed! :neutral_face: Jeez, I wouldn’t even know how to tackle you’re work tables and shelving etc Donna lol. Leave it to OH maybe?

Wish I was as organised as you Sasha @SashaGarrett. I’m sure next years open studio for the summer will do extremely well!

Thanks ever so much Rhiannon @RhiannonRoseJewellery, you’re funny! :laughing: I just can’t wait for it to be over and done with now and the worst thing is having to pack everything knowing it’s going to be unpacked straight after it’s journey. :no_mouth:

Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880 that’s brilliant news! I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you in the hope everything goes well! You deserve it! x

1 Like

Grrr, I am so frustrated! I have spent 2 hours trying to create a frame of 7 jump rings. So far I have 3 held in place and I don’t know that i like how it’s turning out. Time for a listing, I think!

1 Like

Are they oval or round jump rings? Past experience tells me that oval ones might sit better if they are linked as a chain.
Sasha

lol Kelly @tagpress He wont even come in here, he hates all the chaos. It was quite empty when he build the work tables. :expressionless:

Sasha @SashaGarrett, I think that’s the problem, they are round. But unfortunately, they need to be round to do what I want - I’m thinking now maybe make a hexagon frame to wire them to, but not sure it will work. Don’t you just hate it when you have a picture in your head and it doesn’t work out!

Well thats 5 card holders and 5 key fobs made to take to the craft fair. Wont bother to list them until next week on the off chance some (or even all) get bought!

Off to walk dogs then I have an idea for a new scarf…

1 Like

Invariably its the things that look simple that prove to be the hardest to make. Could you post a picture of what you want to achieve and I can have a think on how you might be able to make it? 2 heads better than one and all that.

1 Like

Funny Donna @RedDragonDesigns :laughing:

Love the products Roz @Rozcraftz. Hope they all sell for you. x

Hey Sash @SashaGarrett! It’s one ring in the centre, surrounded by 6 other rings (all the same size). Then I was going to wire a pearl into the centre of each. I’ve changed the sizes of the pearls, the order, and I’ve currently got 3 rings together, no pearls, but I think rings first might be the way to go! Either way, I promised my daughter that I’d take her to the garden centre to buy a terrarium, so I’ll have another go when we get back. All input gratefully received!

Its hard when you have a vision but not sure quite how to achieve it. I have just laid out a scarf - slightly different to what I originally envisaged as the original didn’t look “right”! It all wrapped up ready for rolling - trouble is until it is rolled, dried and pressed I’m never quite sure what the finished product will look like and by then there is no turning back!

Trying to deal with Twitter - still lots to learn :slight_smile: Coloured few more tags and baked a blueberry cake :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello

All the best with your house move Kelly @tagpress :house_with_garden:
I hope everyone’s keeping well and having lots of sales :smiley:
I’m finding it almost impossible to concentrate on my shop with my daughter at home. It’s lovely spending time together so I aren’t grumbling. I haven’t put my shop in holiday mode, but not a lot of promotion or making is going on :wink:
I think I needed this battery recharge to be honest.

I will try to pop on the forums when I can.

Karen

@RhiannonRoseJewellery hopefully you had a good trip to the garden centre and are now nice and relaxed. I’d wire the rings together and then wire the pearls in place in what is effectively a close packed crystal structure. So if you look at my diagram I would wire together rings 1 and 6, 3 and 4, 2,7 and 5 (the red lines), you can then wire 1/6 to 2/7/5, I’d start with the middle junctions (ie 1 to 7 and 6 to 7) before doing the outer ones. Repeat on the other side wiring 3/4 to the other bit (that should be all the black lines in place). I’d then wire the pearls in place starting with 1 and spiralling round to end up in the middle, this would mean going over the join between 1/2 again, then 2/3 etc but I think that will help make it stronger.

Based on experience from wiring beads inside a soldered frame work you need more space than you think around the bead so that you can get the wire in and out.
Let me know how that turns out.
Sasha

Karen @karenscraftybitz - I know what you mean about lack of concentration/time when your daughter is home. My eldest is home tomorrow for a few days and I know I will get no time to myself except between the hours of 6am and 10/11am which I don’t believe she even realises exist! I struggle when the youngest is in the house too but she is working quite a bit during the holidays and out with friends as well so she’s not here all that much.

Sasha @SashaGarrett - glad it was you that had to explain that - think you lost me after the first couple of lines!

Sasha @SashaGarrett, yes that’s exactly how it’s going! I realised that I needed smaller pearls, so I downsized them - the whole idea was that this should be a geometrically strong shape I just didn’t realise that it wouldn’t be until it was complete!
I’ve currently got 5 out of 7 jump rings together (I have been doing other things in between!). You are dead right about needing extra space for wire: I started with 10 mm, but it now looks like it will be 8 mm.
Garden centre was great - loads of “past their best” plants for £8 - most of which I’ve now deadheaded and watered and they already beginning to perk up nicely.

Glad you’re getting it right now Rhiannon @RhiannonRoseJewellery. I don’t work well with super fiddly things. It was nice of you Sasha @SashaGarrett to go to the trouble of making and explaining the diagram.

Well good’ish’ news. My tv, phone & internet services should be on for Tuesday at the new house, if not it will be the following week. If it is Tuesday when they work, I can see every single thing being unpacked happily and in place by then lol. :laughing:

I’ve decided I’m not moving until Saturday, I don’t want to burn myself out! From getting home at 2.10am last night, I had to watch Emmerdale in bed before I could shut my eyes and then I woke super early so I was feeling it earlier. Just woke from a nap but had to have paracetamol & ibuprofen to get rid of this awful headache.

My Son will arrive at the train station at 8pm so his Dad will go to collect him, I would usually go but I’m going to stay home instead since OH will be nipping into Tesco on his way back. x