Happy Wednesday Morning 22/7

Suzzie @thistledownandHOPE, the vegetables look lovely!! You’re Daughter is so sweet. x

What’s the mystery vegetable in the cake? I notice that you haven’t told us which makes me think its something unusual. I recommend beetroot in chocolate cake (with just a hint of sweet chilli powder and cassia powder) and courgette cake with lime curd filling. Loving the peas.
Sasha

I think I need piece of banana bread I mad yesterday to keep me going if I can say that :slight_smile: I’m so tired and sleepy and have no idea why… Maybe I should make myself cup of coffee too :slight_smile:

She is making a chocolate beetroot cake, a tried a tested recipe, and has made some beetroots to go on the top, but they arent finished yet, so no photo, will update as and when, I am making a traditional carrot cake, going for the option that everyone else will be going exotic, and I may just pip them at the post!, In our family we also love courgette cake, especially as an alternative to boiled, roasted, sauted,and raw courgettes, when the glut comes in and you cant give them away, but I felt it could have been a tad too green for a SHAPA judge. We also make courgette bread, a mistake, when I read the recipe incorrectly, added twice as much flour as needed, but it is truely delicious toasted, buttered and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
But enough chit chat, must get baking,
Suzzie x

You lot are making me hungry. All I fancy now is cake and biscuits. Good thing I have literally just got back from the shops as I have both. hehehe

@thistledownandHOPE those veggies are fantastic you have a very talented little girlie. You should get her some polymer clay.
She would have so much fun.

Kelly @tagpress I know I’m a soft touch when it comes to my sister. Because she stopped talking to my mum for 5yrs cos mum stuck up for her husband and not my sister. Which it stupid. She has threatened the same with me think that’s why I let her get away with it.
It’s very hard.

Yay, Wednesday! Just one half day left then it’s the school holidays. Kelly @tagpress good on you for speaking up for your Mum. My Mum is nearly 80 and my brother has asked her to look after his 2 children for the first week of the holiday. I’m not at all happy about it, but they all live so far away that there’s not a lot I can do to help. Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880 you are so right, it’s just hard when it comes to families.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880. It’s a shame you’re Mum & Sister don’t speak. Life’s far too short!

Looking forward to seeing your cake Suzzie @thistledownandHOPE, can’t wait! That’s a great suggestion Dawn made about the polymer clay if you’re Daughter would like that kind of thing, I bet she’d do great!

Here’s a new tag I made, I planned on more but I don’t know where the day has disappeared to! x

https://folksy.com/items/6690397-20-x-100-Handmade-with-Love-Scalloped-Square-Craft-Product-Tag-Labels-T035

1 Like

I’m loving the new tags Kelly @tagpress
Might have to get some soon. :slight_smile:

Haha you’re funny! You will become the new tagpress soon if you carry on Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880 :worried:

Thanks for your lovely feedback Kez @kezylou. Much appreciatos! x :wink:

I’m getting ready for when I next do a stall or fair.
I brought these horrible tags off you know were bay and they are cheap and horrible. your tags are lovely.
And people might stop asking if the jewellery is handmade. lol

Happy Wednesday to you all, it’s gone all gloomy outside, :cloud: I’m glad I took some of my photo’s this morning when it was a bit brighter. :partly_sunny:

Okay, so they look like a sea of brown rounds, and I think it is the middle 3 I will submit to the show bench,
the smell in our house is all out of kilter, christmassy gingery with a twist of a summer dress!

they dont look appitizing at all, but these do!

3 Likes

lol Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880. Well I’m glad you like mine! x :grin:

Oh Suzzie @thistledownandHOPE, I could happily take the rack of biscuits and hide away until gone! I’m really hungry now. x

1 Like

mmmmmmm just remember, sharing is caring!!
Suzzie x

1 Like

Its not the look its the dunkability that matters - I’ll have the column on the right please :cookie: (there isn’t an emoticon for a half eaten biscuit otherwise I’d have used it).
Sasha

1 Like

Not quite (remotely) finished but here is the first bit of the marble with garnet…

you can see some of the other pieces and the bits of pounamu that Alex cut for me next to it.
Back to the sanding and polishing for me.
Sasha

1 Like

Truly beautiful Sasha @SashaGarrett. I’d love to watch you make one, their fascinating. x