Happy Wednesday Morning 22/7

I can’t believe it’s Wednesday already, where does the time go? I couldn’t sleep last night for the life of me so I’ve had a bit of a lie in today. :smile:

Does anyone watch Wentworth? I’m excited to watch tonight’s episode, the first of series 3.

I have an order to fill and then new tags to make, I’m thinking of a new shape. :smile:

Have a nice day. x

Hello all.
Don’t blame you having a lie in Kelly @tagpress.
Hate it when I can’t sleep. Turns me into a grouch.

I have been up since silly o’clock this morning.
And feel full of.beads.
Got lots of new and older earrings to list today.

I’ll see you in a bit xxx

I have no chance for longer sleep - our day starts about 6am every day except weekends if we are lucky (our boy is still sleeping:)). Today I made set of 3 seed beads bracelets for my Mum plus some house works, soon going to pick up my little cutie from nursery :slight_smile: Should make few more pieces for my shop and start with cards for competition, but I’m too lazy today :slight_smile:

Thanks Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880, why did you wake so early? I’m glad you’ve managed to make some new earrings for your shop, i’ll have a nosey through later!

Monika @TobisiasLilThing, I wish I could send Adam (14) & Molly (9) into nursery, their both scrapping over Mine Craft! But I have to laugh because Molly’s put a long aqua wig on and make up and she’s sat there giving back as good as she gets lol! :laughing: Kids make me laugh!

I’ll catch up with you in a bit, I’ve almost got this order complete and I need to pop out to the shop! x

I’m glad that I now have you to tell me what day of the week it is I never used to know I simply worked on if the other half wasn’t here it was week day and if he was it was the weekend. Confused the heck out of me when he works from home. I’m always up fairly early as his alarm goes off at 5.15, if I’m lucky I sleep through it and don’t wake up until 6.30. Makes for very long days when your commute takes all of 60 seconds.

What shape for the new tags? I admit I get my uncle with his vintage letter press to make me that sort of thing. I get special neice rates of free! but I think he likes the challenge of having to sort out typesetting funny shapes and an excuse to get twiddly bits for borders.

@hobbitgirlie1880 - I think your predictive text knows you too well as it has you being full of beads not beans. (or is it a regional variation of the idiom?)

I’ve finished the malachite and gold ring and I’m currently working on setting some stones specially cut for me from cobbles I picked up from the beach in New Zealand - they are marble with garnet crystals in them.
Here’s the ring…

Just got to organise a day to go and deliver it.
Sasha

2 Likes

and what a happy wednesday it is too… just got in from work, now don’t have to go back again until next Wednesday - bliss!

To add to the joy I had 2 sales on Folksy last night :smile:

My daughter has requested a house clean (cheeky monkey but she is right it is a mess) as she is having friends round tonight - I’ll give it a quick once over but her room is going to be left for her to do after school! Once thats done I might get on with some crafting. I have some pieces that need photographing but the light is dreadful today so I’ll probably leave it.

I went to bead as soon as I got home from my sister’s last that was 9:30 ish. Think it was too early Kelly @tagpress
Cos.I just woke up.
I have got loads done though.

sasha @SashaGarrett yep my mobile knows me too well. That was ment to be beans. It likes changing my words. It keeps changing your name to sash. And my friend liz to lizard.
That one is funny though.
I’m off to list some more earrings.

1 Like

Well done roz on the sales.
Bet you are well pleased

Oh Sasha @SashaGarrett that ring is absolutely divine!! The colours are just so pretty. The cobbles you collected sound lovely, you’ll have to give me a sneak peek of the finished creation, I’d love to see! x

Glad you have time off work now Roz @Rozcraftz, hope it doesn’t take you too long to get the cleaning done so you can craft your heart out! lol. Congrats with the sales Roz! x

At least you’ve managed to get stuff done Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880, I haven’t even made a start yet. I’m just back from the shop, I have a fresh cup of coffee and I’m going to get something on the go. Oh I don’t know which tag shapes to work on next Sasha @SashaGarrett, I’m undecided but I have plenty of choice. I’ll send an update with it later. x

It’s been great Kelly @tagpress what makes it better is if I.get it all done today I have two week sort of to my self.
I’m not looking after my nephew’s for two weeks now. Must admit I’m quitpleased as.they were a handful yesterday.
Plus I can stock up for.you.know what mas. Hehehe. brought some lovely red and gold ribbon yesterday.
So might.get afew more decorations made. :smiley:

Here’s some more earrings I.just listed
https://folksy.com/items/6690233-Purple-and-blue-earrings-

Interesting Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880, not only are you full of beads but you went to bead early last night too! Think you are spending too much time around beads!

Think you might be right. I have gone bead crazy :*)

That’s great you have the next 2 weeks to yourself Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880. It’s a lot different looking after someone else’s little ones than your own, even if they are family.

My Sister has 2 boys, ones 4 now and the other 5 and there lovely but very mischievous. She asked my Mum to look after them a couple of days back for 5 hours but they really took it out of her. I didn’t like the fact she did that as my Mum has 2 lots of surgery 2 years ago for cancer of both lungs which was successful and so far hasn’t come back which is fab but she still struggles with her breathing and I don’t think she should be chasing after kids when she has no small ones of her own, we’re all grown up now. I had no choice but to have words with my Sister about it.

I’ve just had a look at your earrings and their lovely Dawn! I like the colours you chose for them. I’ll be awaiting your Christmas decorations! x :grin:

1 Like

I’m glad you had words with your sister Kelly @tagpress its horrible to take advantage.
Its good news that your mum is still clear.
Cancer,is a nasty one.

My sister always take advantage of me. I’m the only.family she has round here.and likes playing that card too.
So I end up feeling bad and looking after her.kids.
I love them to bits but I’m not really upto it at.the moment.
So was surprised she took two weeks off.

I’ll be glad of the rest plus I have to big tests to.have at the hospital on my crohns then I might.actually here a date for my surgery.
I really want it done in the time length they said. Keep everything crossed

Silly o’clock is the time I’ve been getting up lately too,@hobbitgirlie1880, mainly because I have to do the washing over night, (economy seven) and if I get up at 5ish, I can get a 2nd load done, all in the allotted time slot! and then to top it all last night I was totally inspired and designed new coat hangers and hotties to match, its amazing how creative one can be as one is waiting for No1 son, and girlfriend to go to bed, one in the attic and the other on the sofa!!
So I am all fired up, would dearly love to hit the yarn stores and find some perfect yarn for the new ideas, must finish what I am doing first, AND to top it all we have our village Horticultural Show this weekend, so it is all systems go on the allotment and in the kitchen.
May have to have a siesta at cuppa tea time!!, but a batch of ginger nuts to make first, will keep you all posted if I get any placements,
Suzzie x

1 Like

Can we be kept posted on the progress of the ginger nuts? Forum biscuits/ cake are calorie free for the rest of us.
Sasha

2 Likes

Oh… my wish to have a sale :slight_smile: Looks like need bit more items in my shop plus make more promo of it :slight_smile: Have a nice day!!!

Did someone mention biscuits? LOL I’ve been busy working on custom orders all days and a nice cup of tea and calorie fee forum biscuits sounds perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will send pickies as soon as baked, pity they arent calorie free for me, I find raw mixture is too tempting!!
But to keep you all salivating, my daughter has been making these little icing vegetables to go on top of her cake, made using a vegetable,
What do you think. brilliant or what, and she is only 14

2 Likes

I could eat a biscuit myself so i’ll pretend I am until later! :smile: I daren’t have anything just yet because I won’t be able to eat my tea.

You shouldn’t feel obliged to look after you’re Sister’s children Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880. I certainly wouldn’t. Every now and then isn’t so bad but to do it on a regular basis is taking advantage. I’ve never palmed my kids off on anyone, and over the 20 and a half years I could actually count how many times my Mum has looked after them on one hand. x