Has this ever happened to you?

I sold a doll to a customer about 3 weeks ago and she said she hadn’t received the parcel - so after several days I offered her another doll or her money back. She said she would have another doll, so I sent her a replacement. Several days later, I hadn’t heard from her so I messaged to ask if the second doll had arrived. She answered saying that someone over the road had brought both parcels to her - so the first doll wasn’t lost after all. She didn’t say anything about returning the second doll or paying for it. I’ve now sent 5 messages, asking her if she wants to return the second doll or send money for it but she isn’t answering me. So I’ve now not only sent two dolls but have paid 2 lots of postage too. I’m feeling rather fed up and have no idea what to do about it. I suppose I’ll have to put it down to experience.

She has now contacted me - thank goodness

5 Likes

Hope you got payment or one of the dolls back! I once ordered an item from a Folksy seller that didn’t arrive. The seller kindly offered to send a replacement but I was afraid of ending up with 2 items like your buyer! Luckily I wasn’t in a hurry and we waited it out - it turned up 2 weeks later, just delayed in the post.

I hope it all turned out alright for you Martine. I just want to say that i love your Heritage doll, she is beautiful. xxx

I know you have now heard from your customer but you can still claim compensation from royal mail to make up for their tardyness (I’m assuming that the neighbour hadn’t had the first doll for 3 weeks and that it had been delayed before being delivered there).
https://www.royalmail.com/retail-compensation-policy-delay/#Compensation%20Payment%20for%20delay

Oh thank you - I’m loving making them too x

1 Like

Thanks Sasha - I’ll have a look at that x