Have you any items in your shop being sold for charity?

Your work is stunning as always. I am sure you will raise ££££ for the Cinnamon Trust. xxx

I’ve not got anything specifically for charity but I am donating 10% of all sales (should I get any) up till 25/9 to Macmillan. I’m also hosting a coffee morning on the day and will raffle off some of my things with all proceeds of that going to the charity.

2 Likes

Another amazing charity and a fantastic, generous offer. I do hope you do well xx

1 Like

I am humbled by the quality of the items and the generosity of the Crafters.
If I wanted to donate part of the sale for charity, do I need to do anything special with the listing?
Where do I start?
I am thinking I need to lower the price of my listing to encourage interest and state clearly in the listing that the proceeds will go to charity. But then if I make a sale, what do I do? Do I forward the money via Paypal to the charity or is there a system I need to set that takes the money directly from my account with every sale?
Thank you in advance for all your time and support.

I have dipped my toe, lowered the price of two of my shawls and committed to give most of the moneys to Balkan Underdogs.

What stunning items you have in your shop - love the bright colours of the wool - just lovely to brighten up any outfit.

I don’t think there is a way via folksy directly to make a donation to charity, but there may be in paypal - not sure. When I sell the diamond earrings I have for sale, I will be taking the profits to the hospice myself. I suppose it is a trust thing. I wouldn’t reduce your prices to encourage the sale, just change the title and description to clearly show your intention to give to charity from the sale - you could add a charity section to your shop perhaps? I was thinking about writing a blog, once the earrings sell, to show that I have actually made the donation, with any comments by the charity etc.

I hope this helps. Maybe @Folksyadmin might be able to add some way to make charitable donations directly? I don’t know if this would be possible with the sheer number of charities out there? I am no techno whizz so wouldn’t even know where to start.

Good luck and let us know when you sell your first charity item xx

Thank you for the advice, I am off to create a charity section

1 Like

I will take a peek - quite fancy one of your shawls myself!

I am selling this woollen crochet shawl adapted by me from a vintage table runner pattern with most of the moneys going to Balkan Underdogs Animal Rescue.
It will make a wonderful present for your loved ones.

Stunning! And a great colour too. xx

5% of all my sales are donated to Diabetes UK. As they have been of great support and help when my husband was diagnosed 18months ago.
Thedippycow.

1 Like

Just listed this Stag Beetle lino print with 50% going to the peoples trust for endangered animals.

1 Like

As Children in Need is coming up, 50% of profits from sales of my tote bag are going to Children In Need so kids can focus on getting a decent education:

1 Like

It’s fantastic to see so many sellers on Folksy are remembering various charities, maybe Folksy could have this as one of their themes of the month, if they haven’t already.
I support Project Linus, making quilts for them when I can, so anything I sell on Folksy helps with buying fabrics to make more quilts. I have a couple ready to hand over at the end of October and I’m hoping to give them a small cash donation which is always appreciated. Keep up the good works everyone.

1 Like

I have several charity Lino prints of endangered species to raise money for PTES ( peoples trust for endangered species)

1 Like

BeeBows!!