Hello.. I'm New Here

Hello I am new here. Just wanted to say hello to you lovely lot. I recycle furniture and decopage. Please check my shop. Any tips appreciated.

Hello Belinda @Thedecoupagefairy and welcome to Folksy. Iā€™ve had a look at your shop and you have some lovely pieces. One small comment is that your photos are a bit blurry so it might be an idea to see if you can get them a bit sharper. Itā€™s not always easy especially when the lights not good as I know only too well!
Itā€™s also good for customers to know more about you so itā€™s worth filling in the ā€˜aboutā€™ section which youā€™ll find in your dashboard.
Another tip is to add the links to your social media if you have any as this will help people find you.

Good luck with your shop.

Hi Belinda. Welcone to Folksy.
I agree with Koko Blue that your photos do not do your work justice. When you sell online the photo is all the customer sees to attract them and persuade them to buy. They canā€™t pick it up, turn it around and admire it in their hands. For this reason Folksy provide us with facility to show several photos on each listing ā€¦ to show things from different angles, aspeccts. So you really need to add several photos per listing but first of all you need to make sure all your photos are properly in focus.
Joy x

Hi thanks yes I agree I need to get pics a bit sharper. I will work on that and do the other bits you mentioned. Thanks very much.

Hi thanks for the feedback. I will work on the pics. Thank you!

1 Like

Product photography is quite a big deal and one weā€™re still working on. Hunt around as there are tips and advice here and in the Folksy blog - like this one - Product Shot Tips - How to take awesome lifestyle photos in your own home | Folksy Blog. Not so appropriate for larger size items but you might get some ideas. Do a search through the forums too - lots of us are still learners :blush:

This is from an earlier webinar about helping you create good listings :blush:

Hi

Thanks for our help I will try that!

1 Like

Thanks for that. I will keep that in mind!

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen the workshop so I donā€™t know what the narrative was for this slide, but I completely disagree with the first bullet point.

3 Likes

I guess it might not always be appropriate but I think it gives a sense of size and how things sit - whether on a person or a ā€˜body formā€™. I realised it brought a perspective to my baskets and have tried to add more photos of me holding a basket. It adds a personal touch. :blush:

1 Like

I think it depends on the item, your baskets for example, having an arm through a handle or suchlike gives a fabulous view of size, but for clothing or earrings Iā€™d say that would be a big no, unless of course the item is being made in different colours say and the photo of the item being worn is just an example of the piece being offered for sale.

3 Likes

Exactly that. I would never use a real person to photograph my hats, headbands, scarves, fingerless gloves. Who would want to buy something that has had someone elseā€™s hair, body, or hands in it? Yuk, no thanks.

And I would hope that the hygiene regulations for jewellery are obviousā€¦

1 Like

Quite agree that you wouldnā€™t want to show them on a real person. But showing them on model props like you do, acheives the same aim :

2 Likes