Hi from Canada folks!

So great to hear you’re getting settled in. It’s takes a little time but Canadians are super lovely people so I’m sure you’re being made welcome :slight_smile: I miss Canada sometimes, although not those super cold winters – there’s nothing quite like leaving the house on a morning and coughing because the air is so cold it takes your breath away! Thermals will be your new best friend :smiley: But I do miss the blue skies you get even on the coldest days, it’s definitely a lot greyer here in the UK. Best of luck with getting settled into your new life!

Thanks! I’m happy to say we arrived during almost -35 weather and it still wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. I did have to wear thermal leggings a few times but in terms of dealing with the coldness of the air I haven’t had an issues. My husband has had a fair few nose bleeds which everyone has said is super normal for the first month but I haven’t had anything like that either. Not that I’m complaining. Don’t really want nose bleeds thanks very much. Haha I haven’t had any coughing from the cold mind either. Though the last few days have been +6 so same as at home.
The only thing I really felt was the cold on my cheeks! But it doesn’t really seem to go any deeper than that which is fab! As soon as you go inside you warm up instantly so that’s pleased me! Haha
And yep- it’s been sunny with bright blue skies literally every day we’ve been here.
I’m glad we arrived when we did though actually. The people here have been saying we’ve arrived during the coldest weather for 5 years. So if we can survive that we’ll be fine. I think I just psyched myself up so much expecting I’d just not be able to handle it at all! I’ve never been anywhere with such cold dry air though. It’s something else isn’t it?! I feel like I’ve been much colder at home because of the humidity! :slight_smile:

Lovely photos and so nice to hear that your all settling in - though the nose bleeds dont sound nice! Hope you find your new job soon.

1 Like