Do you have your own craft room?

Just wondered how many on here have their own dedicated craft or work room? Or are you like me, working from the dining room?

2 Likes

I have a little log cabin/shed out the back .I do all the noisy stuff in there such as drilling and hammering, but then make my actual jewellery on the kitchen table, itā€™s usually full of stuff so me an my partner rarely use it .Though, I do make the effort to have a clear up now and again. I really wish I had a bigger shed or a spare room , but really do like my cabin - it cost enough !!

8 Likes

Ooh @WashedandFound that looks great.

I wish that I had somewhere more permanent to craft. It takes some of the fun out of it when you have to unpack every thing before you start and then leave everything tidy before you finish.

Juniper Spools

1 Like

I used to have a craft room until ā€˜adopted daughterā€™ came to live with us

Now I do a lot of my crafting in the half completed conservatory. I canā€™t wait for the underfloor heating to be put in by hubby and the walls to be plastered. As at the moment they are brick and the floor is cold on my bare feet. :frowning:

Iā€™m saving for a wee cabin for a small art studio - at the moment I sit on my bed with a folding table in front of me and a rabbit running round my feetā€¦

4 Likes

Hi, I just work from my little caravan :slight_smile: I am wondering if anyone can help me. I have just started on Folksy and I want to know how to put a live link on my website page, itā€™s not coming up as live for some reason. If anyone can help that would be great. Thank you in advance : )

1 Like

Hi Helena. I assume you mean from your Folksy page rather than your own website - the simple answer is you canā€™t. Folksy doesnā€™t allow live links to be added to your listings or profile. You can add the url but it wonā€™t be a clickable link.

Ah thank you I didnā€™t realise that when I opened the shop! I wonder if there are other onlline shops that let you add a live link, do you know? Thanks so much for your help. Helena

Iā€™m quite lucky in that I share an office with my hubby downstairs in our house and I then have the smallest bedroom to store all my made up items. My things take up an awful lot of room so I would never get it in my half of the officeā€¦
We were planning on having a really big wooden shed built outside and have it insulated but I was worried my stock will get damp.

Pauline

Iā€™m lucky enough to have my own craft room- our tiny third bedroom. When we moved here, my wonderful husband- who is always so supportive- decorated this room for me before any of the others! It houses my computer (natch), my favourite books and two vast cupboards for my jewellery making stuff. It is my own little lair and I love being able to leave a project out on the workable in between sessions. If anyoneā€™s looking foe me in the house, thatā€™s where Iā€™ll be!

2 Likes

I have a studio area ā€¦ it is in our extra bedroom, it still houses a bed which is covered in my art and new boards, frames, mounts etc etc and the wardrobes are full of stock, but it is great to have somewhere to ā€œmake a messā€ and be able to leave work out to come back to them.

Before I had this space I worked at my home office desk, but that meant I had to clear away after each painting session so this is now much better ā€¦

This picture is a montage from my blog from last year but you can get the idea from it ā€¦

I love seeing pictures of where people work ā€¦

Hazel

3 Likes

I have a small boxroom which I can call my own. There is a bench for my sewing machine and I use under the bed for storage of all my fabrics in plastic boxes. It is a bit of a tight squeeze and a juggling game, but at least it is a separate space for which Iā€™m thankful. I do need to cut my fabric out on our large kitchen tablet though, which is slightly a bind, as I need to try and remember everything to bring it downstairs, otherwise, Iā€™m up and down like a yo-yo. I do try to leave it tidy everynight as I hate going into the room if its like a bombsite - doesnā€™t set me off in the right frame of mind.

Loving your area Hazel and Suzanne (love the seaside fabric cushion btw - I adore this fabric :smile:

Jane x

I took over the conservatory last year but still often find myself working at the dining room table as the conservatory is often too cold in winter and too hot in summer. It has an air conditioner/heater but it takes a while to get going and my husband moans about the cost of running it!

Iā€™m so envious of people with their own workroom! I just have a desk in the corner of the bedroom. Iā€™m quite disorganised and itā€™s usually covered in pewter-making stuff. At the moment Iā€™m doing some sewing on a foldup table in the room that used to be my daughterā€™s- she doesnā€™t live here anymore but visits frequently so I canā€™t take it over completely. I dream of having a loft conversion or garden studio but that would involve having builders around (which I canā€™t face)ā€¦

I have a little wooden hut

practically hidden here by some wisteria but itā€™s the only photo I have of it.

15 Likes

That is lovely @WashedandFound , itā€™s what Iā€™m hoping for in our new house (when we finally move!!). Although when Iā€™ve mentioned it to hubby heā€™s screwed his nose up and suggested a table in the bedroom instead :-/

Thatā€™s looks fab, love the wisteria! @plainprimitives

I so agree!! Itā€™s one of my bugbears!

iā€™m fortunate enough to have (comandeered) our second bedroom as my sewing room. for a long time our house was in various stages of renovation with no storage (nor electric sockets or lights!!!), so until this room was done i was also working out of plastic boxes and having to put everything away when i was done.
itā€™s nowā€¦ organised chaos.

my dad
(quick plug for his shop: https://beta.folksy.com/shops/JFTCarpentry )
built me the fitted cupboard for my massive fabric stash, and this brilliant little slimline table for my overlocker that squishes between the door & radiator - the very last bit of wall space i had left!

9 Likes

I am impatiently waiting for my craft room to be completed :open_mouth: We have a spare room that is used to store junk at the moment so i have finally convinced my oh to clear it out and let me have it as a craft room. He is actually all for it as i leave my craft supplies all over the place. Fingerā€™s crossed i can get the room ready in the next few weeks :smiley:

1 Like