Hi, how's everyone and how are your sales?

My sales are very slow at the moment. I send to the US occasionally and don’t use signed for, my items are not expensive and I haven’t had anything go missing yet.

I send to the USA from my “over there” shop around 5 parcels a week. Always tracked (after 4 got stuck in Texas for a fortnight once) and signed for. No problems at all although if it’s for a special date I like to allow at least 2 weeks for delivery although it normally takes just 1 :slight_smile:

Same here since the day of the referendum my views tanked.

I think people are more concerned with what’s going to happen next then they are looking for non essential items which most of what we all create and sell are.

Like Helen, I’ve just had my best month on Folksy. Just hoping it continues. :relaxed:

1 Like

Folksy sales have been OK. I’m getting some, more prints have been selling recently too which is great. I’m pretty lucky to be doing well at my B&M stockists at the moment, it’s a shame commission takes to much away from your total but it keeps me ticking over whilst Folksy sales keep my paypal balance topped up for supplies.

We had two sales in the last two days to two different customers and both were items we posted on pinterest. We seem to get more sales and views promoting on there than on Facebook or Twitter :slight_smile:

Sales have been so slooooooow. And so have views, but I noticed that just as the politics has started to get boring again, my views popped back up again.

I think a lot of people browse and shop for something to do in the evenings and at lunchtime so things may go back to normal now for a bit.

Sam x

Sales,what are they? Didn’t they propell ships at one time?

8 Likes

Zero sales and barely any views. I don’t really know what to do.

1 Like

It seems sales were reasonable at one time and then suddenly Seymour…
Given people knew of the refferendum a full year in advance they may have been cautious of the outcome.As they start to realise the sky hasn’t fallen in yet we may see an upturn.

I put my shop in holiday mode for a week at the end of May. Since returning I haven’t had a sale.
Maybe my shopping basket is broken… (Runs off to find the toolbox) :wink:

I really, truly hope things pick up again for us all soon.

For now I’m just busily making and stocking up :blush:

Karen

I like the forum so I weather the decline and stick around and as you do I make up stock.My stats rise and fall but never evil and not bad as I don’t promote at all,I want to build a good stock,worth looking at then promote.

2 Likes

Glad its not just me… Zero views since May and zero sales since Feb. Selling everywhere else so Folksy isnt working for me. I dont find the site being advertised or pushed, we still dont have a Folksy app and i just feel a bit like Folksy are always after us to do for them, with little in return. I find my main sites are Facebook, etsy and Instagram and i cant afford to waste more time on Folksy if they cant self promote. So when my listings end i will close up. :persevere:

I haven’t had a sale since the end of may views are OK when I take part in the listing challenge but drop when not.

I’m a little reluctant to make any new stock as I have loads already and only have a small cupboard to store it all in. But I also do have a couple of little ideas that I want to try.

1 Like

Hi,

I decided to give online selling one more go but couldn’t decide which way to go to so currently, I am on two sites and have pretty much the same items on each to see whether online selling is going to work for me and, which site long-term I prefer to use.

I have had more views via Folksy than the other one but there is not much in it, BUT I made my first sale on Saturday through Folksy which I believe to be as a direct result of a tweet from Folksy - thank you for that :joy:

On a personal level I feel that Folksy may be the way to go for me [can’t be doing with trying to work out postage to all those countries, life’s too short]. My main sales come from face-to-face at fairs. I used to do every fair going now I am quite choosy and only do the six-week run up to Christmas and this works very well for me and soooo much less stressful! In fact, last year I made more money in that six weeks than I did the whole of the previous year! Also, last year I decided I would only make what I like and not what I think people will like and this has also changed how people view my work maybe because I come across a lot more enthusiastic about my items.

4 Likes

I have had a few sales but generally very disappointing on Folksy. I could do with some tips on promoting - I do tweet but to be honest I don’t think anyone takes notice as I haven’t had any comments - I also instagram but again not much activity or likes. I also do post things on facebook but generally it’s only my friends that see stuff. Am I missing something on the promotion level? Where/how else can I promote my wear?

1 Like

@McQuinnFarranddesigns I have had a quick look at your Twitter page and can only see tweets for you own items. Twitter is very much about re tweeting other peoples items, and many of them will then return the favour, that is how you get more followers. There are special hours you can get involved in on there like #Handmadehour and #Crafthour.
I tend to tweet maybe 3 of my items, and then I will look at others tweets and re tweet at least 3 of those, sometimes a lot more…you will find they will often then return the favour…your items will then be seen by their followers.

I agree with chart lane. My sales are usually very good at fairs but tend to be choosy about the ones I do. I do get loads more views on Etsy than on Folksy but, I do believe that you have to constantly promote to do well online. When I compare my products with those that do well, there is no massive difference so it must just be due to promoting and listing more.

@ Butterfly Barn,you liked one of my posts,now can you please throw me a bone and leave me a link?

I have been on Folksy for a while and only ever made one sale! I am currently going through and updating my photographing, so Im hoping that helps. I do seem to get views each week though. So does that mean people like what I make? Its difficult to know where to go from here.