How can I get my shop noticed

How can I get my shop noticed. I have not had a sale since June.

Hi Diane - love your shop, your work is gorgeous, so clever!

Iā€™m still relatively new (well, ish, Iā€™ve been around for a few years but had a big break and only came back a couple of months or so ago) - so Iā€™d probably be telling you to do things you already know about, butā€¦

The consensus of opinion basically seems to be:

• Keep adding new stock regularly, updating your shop, making sure you have a good few things at various price bands available. Your work is gorgeous, and well worth the prices youā€™re charging, but maybe offering smaller items at a more ā€˜impulse buyā€™ bracket might work? So offer both impulse and investment pieces maybe?
  • Take part in the forum here regularly
  • Join the Folksy seller forums on Facebook (there are two Iā€™ve found: the Folksy Shop Group seems to be the biggest and is great for chat and posting new listings - the other one I donā€™t know about: asked to join but not approved for some reason!)
  • Use all the social media you can bear and keep up with: FB, Twitter, Insta, Pinterest
  • Mention and link back to your Folksy shop as much as possible (bit harder for me this one as I also have a website which is the main place I link to)
  • Run discount offers here on Folksy
  • Good photography and using all your tags on listings, and keep in mind how a customer would be searching (or browsing in general) and how they might find you - basically put yourself in the head of your potential customer
  • Make sure you use plenty of text in your descriptions - aim to use all the available word count - and perhaps ā€˜talk upā€™ how much work and care goes into your pieces. People like a story, and your work is awesome: let them know how clever you are! Also maybe increase the ā€˜inspirationā€™ bit on your listings: be a bit more poetic to lure people in, and a bit less factual. If your listings have been on for a while it might be worth redoing the descriptions and freshening them up - might help with search engines as they like new content?
  • Make sure you use plenty of relevant keywords and long-tail phrases in descriptions for Mr Google
  • Offer your items in the Folksy gift guide requests here on the forums
  • Utilise the About Me section of your shop so that customers can get to know who you are, etc

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s probably lots of other things, but thatā€™s basically off the top of my head!

Hope that helps x

5 Likes

Thankyou Sarah for your advise. x

1 Like

Your shop is lovely. Canā€™t explain why youā€™ve not sold anything in the last few months but Iā€™m sure if you can get your shop out there in the public eye a bit better you will sell wonderfully well.
I agree that it is always a good idea to have some cheaper things on offer so people can have a ā€˜tasterā€™ before investing in one of your more expensive but gorgeous full sized pieces. Not sure what you could make to use your skills on a small scale but it would also be easier to keep adding new stock which I find essential.

I would suggest you are a prime candidate for some British Crafters promotionn (@dottiedesigns ?). Have a look on their Facebook page and join in the daily post which is free but Iā€™m pretty sure that your work would do beautifully under Dottieā€™s promotion. (She isnā€™t paying me to say this !! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

PS Just spotted your lovely bags which you sell at fairs.

Why not offer some on here too.

2 Likes

Thank you @JOYSofGLASS :slight_smile:

Very happy to help if I can Diane - our FB page is here - https://www.facebook.com/BritishCrafters/ pop over tomorrow & see what we do. Our About Us bit on FB explains how we work!

Have popped one of your gorgeous quilts on in the morning, hope it brings you some visitors!

Dottie :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dottiedesigns Donā€™t know if it was your British Crafters share of my glass earlier this week but suspect it was as Iā€™ve gone from no sales for a week to 4 orders today :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Christmas is coming and all that (2 of the orders I know are for Christmas presents)

3 Likes

Oh wow - I love your work, makes me want another baby so I can get a gorgeous cot quilt ā€¦ maybe not! Grandkids are a few years away yet - I hope. Agree with all that has been said above - your work is fab and I wish you the best.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just favourited a few of your quilts- they are beautiful. You just need to some of the things stated above to get yourself noticed. If I had a baby, I would buy one - your work is lovely! x

1 Like

Thankyou so much.:slight_smile:

1 Like

You are very welcome!

Forgot to say I popped your baby quilt on FB, tweeted it and popped it on Instagram & the nice people at @Folksyadmin have added it to their favourites too!

2 Likes

Here is the link to it on FB :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just popped it on Instagram too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to get my shop noticed on Folksy so I can get some sales. Any advice?

These forums are full of advice about how to get your shop noticed and your work selling. I donā€™t know if you have been reading any of it but I suggest you need to do so.
You need proper titles for your cards " White Rose" / ā€œHorse and carriageā€ are not terms I would be searching for when looking for a card.

You need more information about your cards in the description. A two liner without punctuation does not read well to a prospective customer who has only that to go off when deciding whether or not to buy from you.
Size would be useful, in fact an essential.

Your tags need to be improved. Lots of SEO info in the forum or look for examples on other peopleā€™s cards. Bouquet is spelt like that by the way not buoquet.

Also really not a good idea to tell everyone how beautiful everything is. That is for the customer to decide from your photos and your descriptions.

You also need a proper ā€œBuying from meā€ section. Just saying that parchment is a good hobby is not very informative.

I see you have added a Facebook link but it doesnā€™t work. I find that very off-putting.

Iā€™m not trying to be hard here but i do think the first thing you need to do is get your shop and your listings in order.

I remembered that Iā€™d seen you asking for advice a few days ago and you have thanked everyone for their suggestions but I canā€™t see that you have actually taken any action on any of it.

Only you can make your shop an attractive place which people want to visit. We can offer advice and we all do it willingly but it is up to you to actually do the work.

xx

Thanks Joy, I will have a serious look at everything I have done xx

1 Like

Thankyou so much.

1 Like

I just noticed you have spelt 'samurai ā€™ incorrectly , this is the right spelling. you need to use every tag as well. So for example in that one I would add , birthday card, Japanese, Martial arts, Shogun , Mans birthday card ( I know a little sexist there !) , gifts for men, Ronin ,Japanese warrior, Martial Arts fan You have 15 tags and you can use short phrases as I have suggested not just one word tags, The title need extending too eg . " Japanese Samarai Warrior, perfect card for a Martial Arts fan. I have just looked at this one example but the same needs to be applied to all your cards . Eg ā€œKittenā€ becomes " Pretty Kitty Cat A sweet Kitten card for the Animal lover ā€™ This title help your card be found by anyone searchinf with terms like cat/kitten/kitty/animal card - and all of those terms need to be in your tags too. I hope those examples help ?

Lovely quilts ! as Joy says make sure you use ALL your tags - you have 15 so for this one you could add https://folksy.com/items/7018384-Wall-decoration-Oriental-lady-hand-quilted - Geisha ( you could even tag with čŠø者 - Geisha ! ) , Asiatic art , Asian Art, Musician , Oriental dĆ©cor , Oriental style . I often tag my shop name too. For some of your quilts you could add tag relating to the colours eg ā€˜yellow quiltā€™ , ā€˜red quiltā€™ as people often search on colour. Also ā€™ gift for grandmaā€™ , ā€™ new babyā€™ as people often search with an individual in mind . Another thing to think about is being visible to Folksy for inclusion in gift guides so have a look at the existing gift guides to get an idea of what they are looking for . Eg they might do a zoo theme so add that tag to your giraffe and elephant quilts. I hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi, I have changed those two cards, thank you very much, I will have to get my thinking cap on lol xx

Jean

1 Like