How do i get noticed?

Love the site but wow it’s hard getting my items noticed. Any tips?

1 Like

Promoting on social media is key to getting noticed. I promote my Folksy shop regularly on Facebook and Twitter, and also on Instagram & Pinterest when I get time. I also participate in the promtional threads on this forum where we help promote each other.
I looked at your Instagram, which is the only social media link on your shop front, and it just shows a link to your Etsy shop, not Folksy, so that is where you are sending people, not here. If you want people to come here to buy then you need to point them this way…

2 Likes

I agree with Kim you have to promote regularly. Must admit I do have lapses every now and then and life gets in the way. Then back on track. Each time I make something new have a tick list to remind myself where to put things. Also if nothing new always try to promote daily.

2 Likes

There aren’t that many people selling furniture on folksy so you should fair reasonably well against the competition for the people who are browsing the site looking for furniture (I’m not sure how many people are browsing the site for furniture though). I think you need to work on your descriptions to help convert the potential shoppers who are browsing the site into buyers but also to help you get found in google searches to bring in people from outside the site. Your descriptions are brief - when I look at your copper effect side table I’m left wondering what is the top made from? What does the top look like? (all your photos are from the side) Is it protected in some way so I can plonk vases/lamps/coffee cups on it or will I need to find coasters/mats first? (go and have a read of your competitors descriptions)
Here’s the link to the folksy blog post on writing a good description for SEO

2 Likes

A wooden furniture maker has recently been number one in the Folksy best sellers list, so it is possible to do well here in your field. I can only reiterate what @KBCreations and @SashaGarrett have said. SEO/ good descriptions and social media promotion are very important to make sales on Folksy.
I find SEO bamboozling (but I have made sales via Google so I must be doing something right). Folky’s blog posts on SEO are worth a read, even if it doesn’t all sink in first time.
Find the social media platform that works for you. Instagram is great for building up a following quickly and the right hash tags can attract potential customers. I have sold five original paintings here this year as a result of posting on Instagram. Social media is possibly more jam tomorrow though… today’s follower might be tomorrow’s customer, but you have to plod on with it diligently but patiently.It will pay off one day.
The shared promotion that goes on here on the forum has been good for me too. I don’t know exactly how it works, but I know when I’m not doing it my sales go south.
Good luck.

1 Like