How do you divide your crafting day?

Wether a full time or part time crafter, how do you divide up your working day and stay motivated.
Ive noticed I work in the morning, have lunch then get lazy from then on. I think about my projects constantly but get distracted and dont get on with things. Am i making excuses or is thinking alot an essential part of the process?
Do you work on the same project until its finished?
Divide your days into different projects each hour/morning/afternoon?
Just curious as my procrastination is annoying me.

I do divide up my crafting day.

First thing check emails, then forums that includes the craft forums I’m on either as a general member or as a staff member, then promoting. Then get on with some creating.

I work part time, and normally when I get back I grab lunch and then do what I love. Play with Polymer Clay lol :smile:
Sometimes chores get in the way though. Also I’ve struggled these past two weeks to make anything as my work hours have increased slightly. Which is great as it’s abit more income but I’m seriously getting withdrawal symptoms from being unable to create.
I need to reorganise myself somehow :0\

Karen

Lol! I do sympathise!!..I tend to split myself into mornings and ‘days’. Every morning is packing and e-mails and FB etc. Then the first part of the week will be getting kits together and then the latter is sewing. I tend to skein thread cards in the evening infront of the TV and work through the weekends too.

I work full time, so I tend to get up in the morning and work on advertising for the first 45mins or so of the day. Then when I get home from work I have dinner and tend to spend the evening making crafts in front of the TV. Now that it’s getting dark I can only take photos and actually list my items on the weekends, so that will make things difficult.
When I have days off I do the same, start crafting in the morning and then get distracted by lunch :stuck_out_tongue: I think I work better with the routine!

I work full time so during the week it really just depends how much energy I’ve got left!
I teach high school students with learning difficulties so it can be pretty tiring!! Some weeks I do nothing artsy at all!!
I do have the benefit of the holidays though- and I don’t have kids to get in the way so I generally work pretty hard in the holidays to catch up!
We broke up yesterday for 2 weeks so got a busy fortnight in my studio ahead of me!! :blush:

I work full time, so my crafting has to be done during the evenings and weekends. I usually have several projects on the go at any time, so that the time between finishing projects feels shorter (even though it probably isn’t really!). Generally, I’ll fit the task to the time available, so if I have a whole Sunday ahead of me, I’ll probably spend it plying and washing yarn, rather than knitting or spinning a bit more which I can do in a shorter amount of time.

I check my emails while having breakfast and print off any orders. After tidying kitchen I start on my orders with numerous cups of tea! I try and not sit in the same position for too long so I will maybe empty washing machine /dishwasher in between making cards. Husband comes in for lunch and afterwards I Take my dog for a walk, this freshens me up and no matter how busy I am or what the weather is I always get out for a walk.
Then I get on with more cards and finish 4 ish to tidy and get dinner ready.
When I am busy I will get up early and make a start.I never do cards after dinner. I would much rather start early in the morning
That is my plan but as all home workers know There can be numerous interruptions from telephones and visitors

When the kids are at school and I have no dr’s appointments my day generally goes:

Get back from school run about 9am, put kettle on for a cuppa whilst I take my boots off. If I am working on intricate lace items them I take my cuppa upstairs and sit in my comfy chair by the window in my bedroom and work in silence until lunch, only stopping for toilet, drinks or any deliveries we get. After lunch I go back upstairs and work until about 15 minutes before I have to leave for school run. If I am working on anything else, I put telly on, either VH1 or Animal Planet or I may decide to watch a DVD or something and then I start work and I work until lunch, eat lunch, carry on working until about 15 minutes before I have to leave for school run. I normally only put the computer on after tea, so usually not until at least 6pm and then its a mixture of work and chill out time. I do this 5 days a week. Weekends are for me and the family.

As someone who has multiple health issues (40+ tablets plus injections daily) my crafting has to play distinct second fiddle to trying to keep house. My OH is currently waiting for hernia op.,so light duties only. Grown up daughter (lives at home with man too) has ME/CFS and does a little but is in her final Open Uni Honours year so is up to her neck in study. Her OH has liver disease, helps minimal but spends most of his time on his art portfolio.
My me time for crafting also has been chopped by so many of the materials bring packed away to make space for daughter etc so it takes me forever to find anything remotely unusual! Plus my tendency to whinge on the forums here…craft keeps me vaguely sane though.