How to un-stick well-stuck E6000 HELP

Mandy

THANK YOU.
I was doing a bit of cleaning ( :frowning: ) and found where I had tucked the ‘earrings’ away pending action…
Turned the oven on to something right up above 200 degrees. Stuck them in on a tray and left them until the smell of the hot oven reminded me.
Took some little pliers, a dibber and a hot glove and voila. Now have some useless sterling silver bits but some perfectly good dichroic blobs.
https://www.facebook.com/JOYSOFGLASS/photos/a.10150229148653603/10156437384353603/?type=3&theater

4 Likes

Joy, don’t throw away the silver as you can scrap it! I’m sure someone will take it off your hands if you don’t want to do it yourself :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So far I’ve made 6 dichroic pendants by using a pair of earring blobs for each. Here’s the first. Really like the effect. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You’ve certainly turned a failure into a very successful new design! Just reminds us never to give up. I’d never have thought of putting two together to make a pendant. It’s lovely.

1 Like

I know this is an old thread Joy, but do you remember where you managed to get the genuine E6000 glue, I was sold a faulty one too and I don’t want a trial and error situation :smile:

I’ll send you the link when I get home xx

thanks very much :slight_smile: x