Stud Earring findings

Help please. I make dichroic earrings. I make little cabochons in my kiln then stick them with E6000 to silver earring bails which I then attach to sterling silver hooks (Cookson Gold to make sure it is genuine silver).

I’ve been asked for stud earrings so thought I would make some but cannot for the life of me work out what I need to buy to stick the little round cabochons I planned to make, to.
I assumed I would buy a set of little sterling silver posts / pins which go through the ear with a small flat round surface (1cm+ ?) at one end to which I would stick my glass and a little butterfly at the back to keep it safe in the ear.

I’ve searched Cookson gold and found nothing and phoned and asked but was instructed I needed to buy silver cups and then solder them to the pins. As I don’t solder silver I can’t do that and I wasn’t planning on attaching to a cup anyway, just sticking as I do to my bails.

Can anyone identify what it is I need to buy please. Need to be sterling silver or gold.

I use these Joy when i make resin studs just stick them on from palmers metals they don’t have a bezel edge just flat and they have them in different sizes
https://www.palmermetals.co.uk/shop/sterling-silver-findings/sterling-silver-ear-fittings/sterling-silver-post-fittings/sterling-silver-flat-pad-and-post-fitting-10-0mm-pad.html
You may be able to get them from international crafts as well

I get mine from international craft

and the scrolls

they also do them in gold.

Thank you both very much. Exactly what I thought I was looking for but couldn’t find and then was totally put out when I phoned Cookson and they said they had nothing like it.
Stud earrings coming up… as just had a delivery of some rather nice dichroic :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can also find them here Joy, under Ear Cab studs.

http://www.thesilvercorporation.co.uk/home.asp

1 Like

Looks like you’ve had lots of solutions, but I’ve bought these before from Cookson so not sure why they said they didn’t sell them (these are 9mm)!
https://www.cooksongold.com/Findings/Sterling-Silver-Peg-And-Flat-Disc,-Pack-of-10-9mm-prcode-NVJ-063X

Thanks Mandie
Think she didn’t understand what I wanted.
Xx

Right I’ve bought some and they arrived very quickly today so I’ve had fun preparing some dichroic glass for the kiln. Will be exciting to see what it has cooked for me when I lift the lid in the morning.

3 Likes

Try Manchester Minerals too. I used to go in there every week til they moved :frowning:
Https://www.manchesterminerals.co.uk/acatalog/fINDINGS.html

Thanks Paula. I’ve got some from International whatever it was and have some cabochons all ready but not had time to do any sticking today.

Had a problem with a seller on Ebay who sold me some duff E6000. I used it to stick 23 pendants and it was obvious from the start really it wasn’t the proper stuff as I could easily move the bails even after 24 hours. I optimistically hoped it would eventually cure but after a week of supposed curing I wore one and after a couple of days, surprise surprise the cabochon fell off.
Thank goodness I hadn’t sold any. I pulled the bails off them all, soooo easy and removed the soft, like-bostic glue and restuck with good stuff (been wearing one of the pendants now for well over a week and it is well stuck !).
I sent all 3 tubes back but one was almost empty and the cheeky wotsit has only refunded me for 2 even though I have explained it was rubbish and quite obviously non genuine. I’ve just reopened my case against him. I don’t care if it was under £3 for that tube. Imagine if I had sent those badly stuck pendants out to customers. Doesn’t bear thinking about.
Wondered if you or anyone else has had that problem.