I love living in a village

I’ve been a bit cut-off too as a tree came down, partly on a roof, bringing the phone line with it, so no internet too. I can’t get a mobile signal here anyway. I couldn’t drive up the icy hill in my tiny car but I’ve been walking the 20mins up to the village to the post office shop and the pub (for warming tea, you understand!)
But neighbours here are lovely and I’ve been checked up on and offered lifts and help cutting branches away.
And amazingly, the BT Openreach phone engineer came to rewire the phone line the next day! I’m impressed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well I think that Leigh is a lovely name-and it should have its own signpost. Just pure laziness on the part of the powers that be :wink:

Sam x

Glad I’m not the only one! We don’t even live in a village, although there are quite a few houses dotted up this road.

We have been stuck at home since the snow began - we live about a mile in either direction down a single track road. In one direction, our nearest neighbours (about 200m away) managed to get out in a 4-wheel drive vehicle and kindly posted a couple of orders for us. This was the other direction today… A gritter lorry (with Channel 5 reporter/cameraman on board) tried to clear it yesterday and ended up slewed sideways on the road/stuck in the ditch blocking the road even more!

2 Likes

yikes! Stay warm and safe won’t you.

If we want one I think we have to pay for it… something like £30.00 for every property affected, same for our road which is unofficially unnamed !

1 Like

I have come to the conclusion that here in the fields but not moorlands of Staffordshire we have really done quite well compared to lots of others. Hope you all get dug out very soon.
Today we have had drizzle on top of a bit more snow and it’s cold damp and exceedingly murky. Bob has just cleared the path and I am off to the garage to make some spring flowers into hearts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Luckily it’s started to melt here. We’ll be able to get out tomorrow! Bump is looking forward to an outing :grin:

2 Likes

Outrageous!

Sam x

2 Likes