I really wish I hadnt bought

The 100 IVORY coloured card blanks I have in my card draw. I hate the colour, what was I thinking?
Now I have to find a way to get rid of them.

What crafty items have you bought and wish you hadn’t?

I’ll have to think about that … but in the meantime, why are ivory card blanks a bad choice. Sounds rather nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah ok I’ve thought of something. In 1989 I bought some very expensive black richly embroidered silk velvet. It is absolutely exquisite. I intended to make an evening jacket with it. But it is sooo gorgeous I just can’t bring myself to cut into it. So I just take it out and stroke it now and again! What a waste of money! Or is it LOL!

12 Likes

Ivory card blanks sound fine to me, someone would want them, you could try offering them on ebay?

I bought some expensive (for me!) shoes many years ago and barely wore them. I loved them but didn’t really have occasion to wear such shoes and wished I’d not bought them.

2 Likes

Why don’t you put them up in your shop for sale someone else might like them?
I bought a piece of gold plastic coated leather it is beautiful to look at but it wont sew, the piece is goats skin which is a much thinner than anything else we work so makes it difficult to use.

GLOSS card blank, not a good look, what was I thinking! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi all!

Never regret something you HAVE bought-only the stuff you didn’t :wink:

If you really aren’t going to use them put them on Folksy in the crafter’s supplies section-the jewellery makers are always doing this.

Also, Bee-that velvet sounds fantastic. There is no way you should be regretting having something like that in your stash!!! Just hold your breath, count to ten and then start cutting. Once you start it will be fine, I promise.

Love Sam x

2 Likes

Could you not apply a colour wash over the ivory so that they are no longer ivory on the outside (but leave the ivory on the inside as it is nice for writing on)?
I’ve had things I’ve bought blind that when they have turned up I’ve been a bit indifferent to but have then proven to be the perfect thing for a commission so no regrets here.

1 Like

Mind was some buttons with spots on. I like them and wanted to use them for so, so many different projects only to find the colour wasn’t fixed to the plastic buttons and they scratched easily. So they are just siting in my button stash. I really should throw them out. :frowning:

A swivel blade scalpel for papercutting. It’s meant to make cutting curves easier, but I have found it impossible to use, it veers off all over the place. Some papercutters obviously do cope with it but I don’t know how.

I’m the same as you I can never use them either.

The items I’ve bought aren’t really crafty items. I bought 100 cardboard envelopes, the type you put the large calendars in. I bought them to post my Dresden mats whenever I sold one. The snag is they are really only good for my smallest sizes. If your not sure what a Dresden mat is this is what I mean.

I use that one whenever I’m cutting curves - I love it. It does take a little bit of getting used to. When I first tried it, my curves were better with a straight scalpel but I wouldn’t be without it now.

25 of the wrong plastic hair combs, I will have to sell them as supplies. Apart from that I don’t really mind as its all about experimenting. My biggest problem is buying incorrect personal stuff from Amazon, such as ill fitting cycling clothes!

I could try selling the card son here but none of my supplies Ive listed have sold, plus the postage would be a lot as they are heavy. I think Il ask locally first then try here.

Glad im not the only person to make bad choices. Seems like we all have things we could sell here for other crafters to use.

Oh and this thread reminded me I bought 3 of the wrong colour hat/fascinator basis, the colour was off just by a fraction but I noticed so I had to rebuy the proper colour.

I can see you’ve done some gorgeous work with it! Maybe one day I’ll have another go.

1 Like

You do gorgeous work without it, so it seems as though you don’t need it :blush:

1 Like

A set of Pro-line double tipped markers when I’m too cack handed for them really :frowning: I used them for making christmas cards last year and didn’t really have time too do them. They looked rubbish.

Jewellery stuff like findings and that. . . . i dont even do jewellery making so why did i buy it?

5 Likes

Looks like its only a pack of 50 cards I can sell as Ive opened the other packet. Drat.