Increased US postage costs

@folksycontent @dougfolksy Are you aware that the US postal costs are going up from the 1st July 2020 by quite a jump and at present the Folksy site delivery spaces for putting in the charges are still linked to both US and Canada. In some cases there is a difference of over £5 between each country! Can we have them split please!

1 Like

Hi Heather and Gary. We are. Doug is currently working on creating new postal zones that match with the new Royal Mail ones, as a matter of priority. The zones will therefore be split into UK, Europe, World Zone 1, World Zone 2 and World Zone 3. We’re hoping to have that work released very soon but as it involves work on the checkout and recategorising listings, it won’t be ready for 1st July unfortunately. We’re hoping to have it up and running as soon as possible after that though.

EDIT: It looks like we’re going to have to change the plan slightly. We had hoped to match the Royal Mail zones but adding the new World Zone 3 category is proving to be really difficult and would be immensely time consuming (Doug estimated it’s one solid month of work). So for the time being we’re going to pull the USA into its own category instead, which means moving Canada into the Rest of the World. It’s not ideal and not what we wanted to do in an ideal world, but we hope that it will be at least help for now.

6 Likes

I need to increase postage prices for the US on many of my listings, I do not want to do this for each individual listing. Is there a way to bulk edit? I can’t find it, it will take far too long otherwise!

On your dashboard top left ish corner under ‘items’ there is ‘bulk edit listings’ - this will allow you to bulk edit all your postage settings.

Thank you! I don’t know why I’ve never noticed that, I was looking under listings; I thought it would be there! That is a relief…