Is anyone a vegetarian?

Although I’ve been a vegetarian for 22 years , but I just can’t take that step toward veganism :confused:

I don’t eat meat but I never tell people I’m vegetarian, as your right some people put you into a box - and feel like they can tell you what you should and shouldn’t be eating (“that cheese probably has rennet” etc. I avoid rennet, but when your out at a restaurant or friends house, I eat it if I want to make life easier)

If you look back, not even 100 years ago, meat was a treat and not had at every meal. But nowadays some people think they have to have meat every meal and marvel at the idea of a meal that doesn’t have it.

1 Like

As I’ve been a vegetarian for over 20years now my friends and family know and when we eat out they are aware.

Thankfully a lot of my friends and family also do not expect to eat meat or fish at every meal so even when I’m not around they’ll have a vegetarian meal at least 3 o 4 times in the week.

When I get invited to a meal with new friends I do let them know I’m a vegetarian. In fact I was at a meal last week with about 25 people at a friends house where I took part of my own meal so my friend didn’t have to make me something else. While everyone else had either a meat chilli or roast chicken I had a yummie homemade Mushroom and cheese tartlet. I took extra’s and they were eaten by the guests who thought they smelt nice.

When I do the big BBQ for the car club I have a separate bbq for the vegetarian food. It always suprise’s me how many members and their families choose bbq vegetarian food.