Is anyone a vegetarian?

Is anyone a vegeterian on here?

Only on Fridays!lol I’m vegetarian on a Friday but not the rest of the week. It’s a Catholic thing, when I’m about to eat meat I have to think what day of the week it is. If it’s not Friday I’m OK :smile:

My daughter is vegetarian and I’m pescetarian (has to be line caught though, no trawling or farming) :slight_smile:

Me! I am. I haven’t eaten meat for 25 years.

I am! Although only very recently :slight_smile: Still investigating all the different dinner options!!

I’m a veggie but eat fish :frowning: it has it be fished responsibly though and I don’t eat it that often, usually when goats cheese is the only veggie option, I can’t stand goats cheese!

1 Like

I’m a vegetarian coming up for 26 years this Boxing Day :smile:

Both of us here, have been for a long time. :smile:

I’m not a true vegetarian as I occasionally eat meat. I spent about 15 years having the most awful migraines, sometimes up to 4 a week, after much testing at the hospital they decided that as my hormones were a bit unpredictable it was the hormones in meat that were causing the problem. Since having passed a certain time of life migraines are now a thing of the past for me, thank goodness, so it does look as those it was hormones that were causing the problem. :smile:

I don’t eat meat but I don’t think I can can call myself a vegetarian because I don’t always eat veggie cheese, etc and I occasionally eat fish. I stopped eating meat because I went off the texture and didn’t like handling it to cook it. That was five years ago and I don’t miss it.But I would miss cheese :frowning:

I do occasionally miss eating meat but won’t buy for myself as I don’t like the meat industry, I think it’s cruel. My husband and son both eat meat and for them I always buy organic or at the very least free range as they have higher welfare standards.

I seen this Ted Talk only recently about being a weekday vegetarian, he talks about how there is this false dichotomy whereby you are either a meat eater or a vegetarian, no real reason for this other than putting people in boxes. It’s really interesting. Especially if you don’t eat meat for reasons not related to the animals.

I forgive myself the occasional slip as I think of it as harm reduction, the less I eat the better it is for everyone, me and the animals.

1 Like

i think one can eat meat if they want to or not i just wonder what its all about…im a vegeterian to but just interseted on other peoples ideas about being a vegeterian and how they manage.

1 Like

I am a veggie to, but the rest of my household isnt (husband and 2 kids 19 and 21) the deal was that I dont have to cook them meat providing they enjoy their meals as much as they do when eating meat. Thank goodness for “all my veggies” website and pinterest as it made feeding fussy teenagers easier.

I am not strict as I do eat non veggie cheese and drink non veggie wine but only if we are out and I am stuck. The only thing I miss about being a veggie was amazingly enough black puddings but found a wonderful wonderful veggie one sold by Booths. I was never overly fond of black puddings till I became veggie :smiley:

Rachel

I am a vegetarian, too (have been since I was 13 years old - almost 35 years now!). I am tending more towards veganism, now, but still eat a bit of cheese when I’m out, and my own chickens’ eggs. I love curries, stir fries, pasta, salads, mexican food etc etc so there is never any difficulty coming up with something to cook/eat.

My husband is veggie, too (since he met me - heheh!)

My parents and brother all happily eat vegetarian food sometimes, at home and when out, while still eating meat/fish at other times.

For me, it is about not eating animals, but I have come to realise over the years, that the health benefits and environmental aspects are a good reason to favour a plant-based diet, too.

2 Likes

I’ve don’t feel right eating meat that includes fish.

A few years ago I bought some cheese I thought was made without animal rennet in it however how wrong could I have been as I was left vomiting and it also coming out the other end.

Now I make sure and I have to check yoghurts for beef and pork gelatine as a lot of yoghurts are not vegetarian proof. I read all the small print then stick to what I know is ok but if it says new improved I re check.

If you are a true vegetarian after a period of around 12month ( less for some more for others) you stop producing the enzyme that brakes down animal proteins and your body treats animal proteins as a poison and will try to get rid of it asap just like any case of food poisoning.

Been there and done that and I don’t want to go there ever again. ugh yuk yuk

Hi, I’m pescatarian. Don’t eat meat to poultry as I don’t like the taste or texture. Liz

I haven’t eaten meat/chicken/fish etc for 30 odd years. I also don’t have milk.
All my children were brought up veggie. One now eats meat , two are still veggie and two are vegan.

Jane

I had my one year veggieversary in June, I’m still getting used to it… But I have very strong opinions on veggie burgers!

1 Like

My daughters decided to become vegetarians in their teens, now they’re in their thirties. One loves all kinds of vegetables but the other only really likes fake meat like veggie sausages and just a few vegetables ( hates mushrooms, celery, and quite a lot of other things ). Really it’s like trying to feed a fussy child. Christmas dinner is a nightmare!