Is anyone following the Archers?

I just thought that, with its gripping storyline, some of you must be hooked! I’m just thinking that if Helen gets found guilty, I’ll never be able to listen again, with all that stress and misery and evil Rob gloating!..

2 Likes

I do dip in and out of the Archers- I find Henry’s voice hard work though- I’m sure he’s an adult actor putting on a child’s voice.

3 Likes

Can’t believe I’m the only one who’s hooked!.. :slight_smile:

I’m hooked, but can’t listen every day. I just can’t believe that Helen would be imprisoned, surely she mustn’t have posed such a threat to Rob, and especially since she was pregnant. There surely could have been some sort of restraining order or something, and bail, and she could have been made to live somewhere else. Maybe someone with legal experience could enlighten me.

1 Like

Oh yes I follow the Archers too - so scary to think that Helen might be found guilty. I am also worried that Rob seems to have his next victim / partner lined up. I know its not real but by heck it’s gripping.

1 Like

I can’t understand some of the legal stuff, such as why if Henry is a witness, why is Rob allowed to keep him and Helen can’t even see him? I must have missed something, Rachel @GreenwoodMakes . Who is the next victim? I just so much misery ahead if she’s found guilty… At least Rob seemed to showing his true colours a bit in last nights episode- let’s hope he has a real nasty hissy fit at some point so everyone can see!

I had to take Mum shopping today, and we sat in the car park of Sainsburys listening to the episode today. The lady who pulled up in the car next door just smiled and said “archers” to us :smiley:
Rob seemed to have a young lady whose name escapes me at the moment who he was smoozing and saying how he would like her to be involved with bringing up his children :frowning:

1 Like

Yuk! I suppose it was his new childminder/nanny :frowning:

1 Like

My boss at one of my jobs has it on and gets sooo annoyed with rob. I only hear it on the days I’m there but may have to listern now it’s the court case.

2 Likes

I’m totally hooked! I’ve been listening to the Archers for most of my life and can remember the stable fire that killed Grace, but this is the most gripping story ever. I find myself shouting at the radio!

2 Likes

I wonder how many other people wept as tonights episode went out.

1 Like

Uh oh, what happened? I’ve been avoiding it whilst this story has been going out, I think it’s too unbelievable

It was Helen on the stand and she was so brave - I was quite choked. I don’t know why I am so involved I do not tend to watch soap opera type tv.

1 Like

I’ve been listening to the Archers for years- we used to have Radio 4 on at work in the 1970’s (I’m not old enough for Grace Archers’ demise, though!). There have been periods when I’ve stopped, though. I couldn’t stand the stress and sadness of the Down’s Syndrome baby storyline a while ago… and there have been periods when it’s just been boring…

So proud of Helen tonight- I shed a few tears too, Rachel! I wonder why Anna’s questioning was interrupted? Perhaps Jess has decided to give evidence after all!

1 Like

Oh that would be amazing if Jess came forward. During Anna’s questioning I am sure they said “She is outside with him now” but not sure - maybe wishful thinking .

Christine, @coatimundi I understand I usually like to have escapism in my leisure time not stress but this storyline has got me.

1 Like

I think Jess will end up giving evidence- how could she live with herself if she didn’t!?..

2 Likes

Just want to say that I’m really enjoying this thread. I can’t bear to actually listen to the programme as I find it too stressful, so this is allowing me to keep up without needing to listen :smile: Thanks Christine @coatimundi

2 Likes

Very exciting episode today- Helen told everyone in the courtroom something that only we, the audience, knew…Go, Helen!!

1 Like

You aren’t the only one hooked , I’ve been getting cross with Helen for not telling her barrister, but hooray she did it
!

1 Like