Sewing Bee 2016

I really want to know when this years series starts! Anybody else a fan? I have a couple of sewing projects planned already so Im sure the programme will give me a kick up the doodah to get on with them.

I saw a pic of Claudia with Patrick Grant on Twitter this week in the GBSB HQ so Im hoping itl be on soon.
Also, if anybody is a fan of Patrick, he is on Create and Craft channel freeview 36 tomorrow (thurs 25th Feb) at 5pm.

2 Likes

I think I read somewhere it was going to be May. Iā€™ll see if I can find the article again :expressionless:

It was here but theyā€™re not sure itā€™ll definitely be May

2 Likes

I shall watch when itā€™s back on, although at first I didnā€™t think Iā€™d like it, as I canā€™t sew for toffee, but I got hooked. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m such a big fan of the Sewing Bee!

It has taught me an awful lot that is not in the sewing books. Things about styling and how patterned fabric should be cut so that it flows across the garment.

Watching the contestants sew with unusual fabrics like neoprene really cuts the fear factor for using new fabrics and patterns that require something different. Iā€™ve taken the plunge and sewn with silk and jersey because of the Sewing Bee when I would have stuck to cotton type fabrics otherwise.

I think I heard itā€™s on in May too and Iā€™m really glad because it wonā€™t be clashing with the football this year :smile:

Love Sam x

I love the sewing bee, even though I also donā€™t sew. I loved the pottery throw down too, itā€™s so interesting watching people make things but Iā€™m still waiting for a jewellery version!

I love the sewing bee always gives me inspiration to sew something.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait for it to come back as it usually gets my sewing mojo going.

1 Like

Me too @OhButtonMe and @HandmadeByDiane I have a selection of patterns and fabric ready as I know as soon as the first episode is aired Iā€™ll be wanting to make something lol
@SamanthaStanley Iā€™m afraid I have bad news for you lol if itā€™s on at the end of May it may well clash with the Euro 2016 football :expressionless: Itā€™s always a difficult decision to make footie or sewing, as I love both. Thank goodness for iplayer :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

Hurray for me if it clashes with football, no-one in our house likes footie so I could put on almost anything else and Hubby wonā€™t moan or give me the ā€˜why are we watching this?ā€™ look :smiley:

1 Like

The problem isnā€™t so much that OH loves the football (which he does, he is such a boy!!) but that I do too so itā€™s difficult to choose. And for when heā€™s watching random European teams that most people have never of we have a large telly upstairs for me and the cat to enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like a good solution! As for me, I expect England will be knocked out early again so Iā€™ll have an argument marshalled along the lines of ā€œSo why are we watching Portugal when Iā€™ve got something I really want to watch on?ā€ :wink:

Love Sam x

1 Like

Lol Iā€™m hoping England are knocked out at the start ā€¦ By Wales :slight_smile:
My OH is the same, I have found him watching everything from Turkish football to Greek. I have great fun making him try and pronounce the names of the teams heā€™s watching heheh

1 Like

I watched the programme, Patrick Grant says GBSB may start 2nd May.

3 Likes

Its official, GBSB starts on th 5th of May.
Ive made a start on sewing fever.

3 Likes

Ive just read that GBSB starts on the 16th but its not on proper tv, itl be BBC3 which is only shown online!! I feel sick at the thought. I donā€™t want to sit at a computer in an office chair to watch it!!! Please tell me it isnā€™t true.

Iā€™ve just been searching the web and twitter and came across this. http://www.thesewingdirectory.co.uk/esme-young-interview/ Doesnā€™t say what channel though, I really canā€™t see it being on BBC3 as itā€™s too popular (and BBC 3 is more of a youth programmes channel).

A new judge, but at least Patrick (my future husband who doesnā€™t know it yet) will still be on!

Canā€™t blooming wait!

xx

1 Like

Looking forward to watch it too . I used to work with Esme Young ( the new judge ) Hopefully it will be on BBC2 again this year x

1 Like

I hope not as our internet can be so temperamental, knowing my luck it would be buffering all through the programme :frowning2:

If it starts on 5th May, which I understand it does, itā€™s not on a TV channel. I just checked on my Sky TV guide app and there is absolutely no sign of it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I just read in a magazine that itā€™s coming onto bbc2 mid may. I really cannot see it being on bbc3 its to popular for that.
But I could be wrong.

3 Likes