Is it me or Folksy

Why are the sales so slow incoming here on Folksy i have an account with Etsy as well all my items and prices are similar the difference being i have had over 200 sales in Etsy and only 30 sale in Folksy is this down to me or is it down to a lot of people not know Folksy excists

I think the question is not you or Folksy but E**** or Folksy. They are completely different selling platforms. On E***, an Enormous US shopping platform, you are paying A LOT more and for that you are getting the advertising that extra money is paying for. Your fees here on Folksy are much lower (much) and you therefore get what you pay for you need to promote yourself… I don’t see that you are doing a lot of that…OK you have Twitter but what about IG FB and Pinterest.
.If you want people to find you you need to give them a hint or two that you are here and also that you are selling jewellery (in a market which is bulging with jewellery…).

My sales are brilliant and have been for years . since I announced to that big wide world out there, via social media that my shop is here and this is what I am offering.

3 Likes

I have more items in my shop here (mainly down to the excellent value of having a Plus account) and most of my promotion points to Folksy. As a result, so far this year, sales on the dark side - 8, sales on Folksy - 86 - almost double my previous best year in 2016. Folksy can work - you just have to get people to find you. :grinning:

6 Likes

It is harder on here, but personally still my favourite place to sell. Make sure, like Joy said, to point everything to here. The plus account is excellent value for money. No matter what I do with E, I still get some sales a month. It just works that way there, but very expensive. Are you on Instagram? I have my FB tagged with Folksy. Tho I’m a bit concerned about the tagging there as we need to verify our website and I can’t do this.
Join in with as much as you can on FB threads too.

2 Likes

Morning thankyou for the feedback i do have a twitter account fb and ig if you mean instagram and pintrest i will have a good look at these to help me along i know there is a bigger market on the jewellery that is why i have had my partner help me by adding the sort of things she makes so thanks again fingers crossed for more sales.
Also thankyou to all that has replied to help me

1 Like

I’m on Etsy too, and it’s busier - but it’s a much bigger platform with zillions of sellers and a huge web presence. I think they do TV ads now as well - they’re just better known. I prefer buying and selling on Folksy, but I fewer people have heard of it. I recommend it to customers all the time and many haven’t heard of it at all, but once they come here they love it. With time, and with sellers ensuring we point our web promotions to Folksy, it will grow. Customers who’ve had a good experience will inevitably spread it through word of mouth, too.

As everyone else has said, keep going with your social media and you’ll see results. Good luck!

2 Likes

Hi Gary @charmmagpie. I am in agreement with all the comments above. The fees are much lower here, but you have to advertise yourself via Instagram, FB and Pinterest, and as Joy @JOYSofGLASS has said in another thread, I even get customers who contact me regarding a Birthday Card they have seen on Pinterest years ago.

Since leaving “the dark side”, my sales here on Folksy have in fact doubled, but, you are a “dot” in a huge ocean, so you must let people know where you are…

SallyAnn

3 Likes

Hi thanks for your reply i have worked out how to get all my items into pintrest and facebook and twitter i now just have got to work out how to get them on instagram

It entails more work to bring sales on here but the fees are so much lower plus it’s UK based what’s not to love.
I have lots of sales on other sites and am now driving them here by putting a flyer with every order. I have already had a few orders by doing this.
Twitter and instagram are good but not as keen on pinterest as I only ever seem to get those that want to copy my items looking at their folders titles.
Keep plugging away and hopefully they will turn into sales.

2 Likes