Folksy Ltd

Issue adding new colours on ipad

(CraftyJoes) #1

Hi,
I’m trying to list items with unusual colour combinations - the colours need to be listed as ‘Pink/Green Mix’ ‘Red/Yellow Mix’ etc. when I type those into the colours box and press enter, I get the notification telling me that they will be added to my item page, and if more people use them they will be added to the lists. However, when I go to publish the listing, it tells me there Re errors with the colours and it will not publish. Can I get around this? I can’t list them as single colours because there are some similar ones that need to be distinguished from each other. Any help gratefully received!

(Christine Shephard) #2

It might be the / symbol that it doesn’t like. Try replacing it with a dash or a space and see if that works.

The colours are only used for searching, I think, so it wouldn’t matter if they’re not completely accurate.

(CraftyJoes) #3

Thanks, I’ll try without. The trouble is, I want to list them all in one listing, so the colour descriptions have to be accurate otherwise it’ll be confusing.

(Christine Shephard) #4

You could just list them in the description instead. Buyers can’t select a colour when ordering, they will just have to add a note or let you know another way.

(CraftyJoes) #5

Oh, I didn’t know that, thanks. It seems really illogical not to let people select a colour though, I’d have thought Folksy would support such a simple feature. I suppose they want you to list everything separately so they get more from listing fees. Ho hum.