I've also now reached my quota

oh - and the little blue speech bubble with number in at top right of screen - I have clicked on it several times but nothing happens. I’m assuming it should take me to wherever a reply has appeared?

and I can’t reply to posts any more cos I’m too chatty it would seem. I’ve used up my quota. must be time for a cuppa!

hope this will be sorted because it will definitely cause people to start new threads instead of interacting.

3 Likes

Goodness me that needs fixing - I can chat for Britain!

1 Like

Which browser and operating system are you using? It should show you some notifications like this:

I am pretty sure that was a temporary issue while you were a “new user” we have some extra restrictions for newbies to protect the forum against spammers and trolls. Looks like you are no longer a new user so your account is no longer restricted.

thanks Sam. haven’t been back till now :slight_smile:
I don’t know if I missed it - but it’d be really useful when people first start to be told this will happen. Inevitably, there will be lots of “help I can’t post” threads started unless forewarned.

The bubble that brings that up (for me anyway!) is green and works fine today. I could have sworn there was a blue one yesterday, to the right of the green one.

Perhaps it was the personal message one?

re browser - firefox, you might have to help me out with discovering operating system unless windows 7 is the answer!

I was locked out again after posting briefly this morning. wondering if I’m back in yet…

YES!!

As well as being restricted as a new user, there was another setting which limited people to a low number of posts (can’t remember how many) on the first day. I’ve upped all those levels, so hopefully that’s fixed it!

1 Like