John Lewis Craft Opportunity

I thought this might be of interest to other Folky sellers - John Lewis are inviting applications from designer-makers with a view to them stocking hand-made / small batch products. They’re particularly looking for wood-ware, ceramics, glassware, textiles, occasional furniture and lighting. More details here: http://www.craftscouncil.org.uk/opportunities/john-lewis-maker-opportunity/

5 Likes

Cripes, Im quite tempted. But being a scared little mouse I probably wont do anything about it

Thanks Lucy for that link. It might be an opportunity for Folksy folk. I can think of quite a few shops shops with excellent items. (Not myself though). The cut-off date is very soon though. Marg. x

Very interesting!

I wonder what a huge organisation like John Lewis regards as a “small quantity”?

I went along to the Liberty open call in London this last August, it was a similar thing. I qued up for nearly 6 hours to be seen, then you get 3 mins to pitch your product. Maybe the John Lewis thing will be the same sort of thing. It’s so that the designers go to them, and they don’t have to search at shows etc for new and interesting products. The folks at Liberty were very interested in my product, but I couldn’t make enough, as I work on my own, and they now only stock high end leather bags, and no wool ones

Thanks for this - I occasionally search out things like this but never seem to hear about then at the right time! I’ll do my application this evening!!

I read somewhere on facebook that the deadline had been brought forward to 23 Oct, as they had received so many applications! Might be worth checking first…